How to stop windows 10 using the function keys without having to use the fn key?

Shaan Khokhar

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014
On my microsoft scuplt comfort keyboard it doesn't have a fn or fn lock key and i have games that use my function keys but am unable to use these because of this. I am using a custom built PC and using a i7 920 with a x58 motherboard so on the bios i am unable to find where the action keys are.

Solution
"on the bios i am unable to find where the action keys are."
Generally, those would not be found in the BIOS.

Install the latest drivers for you keyboard.. lol .. and you will see all of the functions and features you can mess with and change.

After taking a look at the keyboard you said you have I see that there is a switch in the upper right corner to swap between the the quick function keys and the actual F1-F12 keys that you likely need to use. Just flip the switch to white to use the F keys.
"on the bios i am unable to find where the action keys are."
Generally, those would not be found in the BIOS.

Install the latest drivers for you keyboard.. lol .. and you will see all of the functions and features you can mess with and change.

After taking a look at the keyboard you said you have I see that there is a switch in the upper right corner to swap between the the quick function keys and the actual F1-F12 keys that you likely need to use. Just flip the switch to white to use the F keys.

Solution

Shaan Khokhar

Honorable
Dec 17, 2014

I am an idiot lol thanks btw.