Logging into Tom's Hardware through Tor

xXCrossfireXx

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Good old Tor, the edited version of Firefox to make you anonymous. I like Tor, but I have had some issues with it in the past. One of them was when I logged into my Google account through Tor, it recognized it was a different IP and pretty much locked down my Google account. Luckily it wasn't an important one, so it wasn't a big deal. Anyway, I really don't want a similar thing to happen with Tom's Hardware. So before I do it, is it OK to log onto Tom's Hardware with Tor and not get flagged for a different IP?

Solution
TH does not lock your account to an IP in that way.

i will say that due to our anti spam measures things like VPN networks do not work well (you get a "you are banned" screen or 404) but that is temporary and only appears when you are on the VPN. some browsers or extensions which block certain web elements might also not work nice with TH although again, that is nothing permanent.

TLDR: AFAIAA, no lasting effects so you can test to see if the browser plays nice.
TH does not lock your account to an IP in that way.

i will say that due to our anti spam measures things like VPN networks do not work well (you get a "you are banned" screen or 404) but that is temporary and only appears when you are on the VPN. some browsers or extensions which block certain web elements might also not work nice with TH although again, that is nothing permanent.

TLDR: AFAIAA, no lasting effects so you can test to see if the browser plays nice.

Solution