27 inch monitor for gaming

Namz__Hack

Commendable
Mar 25, 2016
what's up guys quick question will this monitor AOC - 27" Widescreen Flat-Panel IPS LED HD Monitor - Piano Black/Silver
Model: I2757FH
link : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-27-widescreen-flat-panel-ips-led-hd-monitor-piano-black-silver/6293177.p?id=1218726428129&skuId=6293177

will 1080p good in 27 inch monitor? my main purpose is for gaming. will it not be pix-elated ?
i've seen it on sale and i think it's a good price. will be there a big difference between 2ms and 5ms? thank you for answers guys well appreciated. :love:

Solution
If it's too close you can just move it away from you. Should be fine.

*You may want to go into a store and find one of any kind that is 1080p, 27". Then stand at roughly two feet, then three feet (maybe measure your arm before you go). You can NOT use an HDTV because the pixel gap is different.

5ms can cause slight motion blur, however the lowest you can get for IPS is 4ms. I'd much rather have a slight blur than have a lower-quality TN panel.

I have an IPS panel and rarely notice any blur/ghosting and mine has slightly higher response time than yours. I usually only notice in movies with mostly BLACK background. Also note that the movie is 24FPS and the combination of lower FPS as well as how often the screen updates affects...

bignastyid

Titan
If possible go look at a 27" 1080p from your average viewing distance. I personally think the pixels are too big from how far away I usually sit from my monitor. I wouldn't go higher than 24" with 1080p, for a 27" monitor i'd go with 1440p. But some people like them, so if possible try and look at one.

If it's too close you can just move it away from you. Should be fine.

*You may want to go into a store and find one of any kind that is 1080p, 27". Then stand at roughly two feet, then three feet (maybe measure your arm before you go). You can NOT use an HDTV because the pixel gap is different.

5ms can cause slight motion blur, however the lowest you can get for IPS is 4ms. I'd much rather have a slight blur than have a lower-quality TN panel.

I have an IPS panel and rarely notice any blur/ghosting and mine has slightly higher response time than yours. I usually only notice in movies with mostly BLACK background. Also note that the movie is 24FPS and the combination of lower FPS as well as how often the screen updates affects blur/ghosting. (the eye actually needs times when NO content is shown. they do this in the theater several times per frame; the explanation is a bit complicated)

A 60FPS game would rarely show noticeable ghosting.

Solution