Random Freeze while Gaming, Please Help!

sPnzz

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Hello there,

first of all , sorry for my english, i try my best to write my Problem here.

After a couple of months my old Pc Crashes Randomly while Gaming after 3-4 Hours. The Pc Freeze and i get a Buzzy Sound on my Headphones, and only a Hard Reset will Help. After The Restart the Pc works Fine without any Errors.

I Updated my Pc last Month to : Intel Core i5 6600k,Gtx 980 , Asus z170 Pro gaming, 4x4 GB Crucial DDR4 2400 mhz , new Pc Housing, New Power Supply.

So the only old "things" where my HDD and my SSD.
After a Day with my new Pc it freeze again, with the same Error ( Freeze and buzzy sound on headphone).

Then i switch the HDD to a new SSD and still got the Same Error.

I try a lot of different things, Prime95, Furmark, all the Things over Hours and hours and no errors.

The Error only comes while gaming.

The Temperatures are still ok . Cpu 60 ~ GPU ~ 65

Sometimes i get a Bluescreen and be happy because i get a Dump File. Here is the Log :

On Sat 11.06.2016 11:23:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\061116-4625-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80065AB01AE, 0xFFFFD00023920C30, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 11.06.2016 11:23:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80065AB01AE, 0xFFFFD00023920C30, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4384/e5yp8z5n_jpg.htm

so i hope that any 1 can help me !

Solution
Try to turn off C-States in BIOS and set High Performance Plan in Power Options in Windows. If you will notice a significant improvement, it's defective CPU, just RMA it. I had the same issue with 6600K.

sPnzz

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Ah sorry for the non info.. Yeah i do a fresh installation of windows 10 , more times.

The Old Pc runs with windows 7 .

I also change my anti vir program.

Colif

Win 11 Master
so the only two things from old PC are your storage devices. One of which has a new Operating system on it. And it still has same error.. i think you are haunted (only joking).

could the headphones be at fault? I assume they haven't changed... not that i blame them on freeze. Do you have the win 10 drivers for them?

Did you update bios? New boards get newer bios that help stability. Do you have latest motherboard drivers? From the makers web site, Win 10 will gather a set of motherboard drivers but they can be old.

Run a program like Driver Booster and see if it finds anything.

Freezing tends to not be what windows does, it shows those BSOD which generally point at drivers as cause mostly.

sPnzz

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Hey Colif

there are only my mouse, keyboard and headphones and the SSD wich i not changed. I use a 120GB SSD840 Pro Samsung and a new 500 Gb SSD Samsung Evo 850. All Drivers are up to date, bios is up to date

I already tryed to use no headphones but still get freeze , on new and old computer. For the Headphones, there are no Drivers for win 10, but i tryed already to play without headphones ( completely removed from pc ) and get the Freeze.

/sfc scannow -> no errors,
i try also to change the memorys but it dont work.

BOLOYOO

Reputable
Mar 17, 2016
Try to turn off C-States in BIOS and set High Performance Plan in Power Options in Windows. If you will notice a significant improvement, it's defective CPU, just RMA it. I had the same issue with 6600K.

Solution

mrdejagerm

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
Hi, I had exactly the same problem running windows 10 pro 64bit, I tried all the solution that i could find on the internet, updating sound drivers, disabling this and that but nothing worked. I then contacted Microsoft did live chat with a consultant, he spend about 2 hours logged in on my pc going through everything.

Then we check my Windows build which was on 1709 the latest update from Microsoft which was done on September 2017 and that's when my problem started. So then we found that the new build doesn't work correctly with my manufactures drivers.

The Microsoft consultant recommended that we try going back one version to build 1609 or 1703 so I downloaded build 1703 installed in downgrading my OS build to 1703 and since then i have not had any problems when playing games my pc doesn't freeze any more since the downgrade to build 1703.

So you can try that it worked for me I can now play for hours with no problems.