IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in Windows 10

uberhazzard

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
i recently started to get blue screens randomly on my pc, so i looked into it and saw a bunch of people say that you need too look into your dump files. since i am a amatuer at fixing computers i thought id ask here.

This is the 061216-8718-01.dmp file

This is the MEMORY.DMP file

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
with a new CPU i would get a new motherboard. Otherwise your selection of CPUs will be very limited to the old LGA 1155 socket on the motherboard. Also many vendor will only support their older board for up to 3 years. After that you don't get driver/bios updates.

by the way, i don't think there was anything wrong with the old CPU and motherboard. (other than it is old)

bobmanuk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
the dump file points to a driver that tried to do something it wasnt supposed to do, has windows 10 updated drivers recently? that might be the first thing you want to stop - Taken from HowtoGeek - "open the Control Panel by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Control Panel. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings. Click the Hardware tab, click Device Installation Settings, and select the “No, let me choose what to do option. Select “Never install driver software from Windows Update.”

then go through your drivers and reinstall the original ones until the issue stops, in my experience, its usually sound drivers... but i could be, and probably am, wrong :p

overall, I could not find much useful in the memory dump, I think your CPU may have overheated.

- note: you have about 1100 processes going on at the same time. I have never seen a memory dump with so many different apps and updates running at the same time. (just fyi you might want to stop some apps so the machine can finish the various updates)
about 900 of your processes are just paged out to the pagefile and are not consuming active memory.

the memory.dmp file shows that the CPU instruction pointer is messed up.
it looks like it was executing data rather than CPU code.
(malware attack or overheating? (check the CPU fan, blow out dust) or power problem? I will look at the memory dump to see if I can find anything useful.

old motherboard audio driver:
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys Tue Mar 27 02:01:50 2012
try here for update http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

-you have LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Miniport Driver installed.
(3rd party remote access software)

looks like the system is having some sort of sleep issues, you should do a restart or update your BIOS to get the system to work better.
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LK/HelpDesk_Download/

your bios is too old to have USB 3.0 to work correctly (specs for usb 3 were changed in 2013, you should update the BIOS to the 2014/05/07 version)

System Uptime: 4 days 0:50:53.437

machine info:
BIOS Version 0403
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 05/07/2012
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product P8Z77-V LK
Version Rev X.0x

Socket Designation LGA1155
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Processor Voltage 8ah - 1.0V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3500MHz

uberhazzard

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016

i will try everything you sugested and see how it works, thanks alot :D

uberhazzard

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
i had another crash, not a blue screen just the computer freezing and i had to restart it. so i was wondering since i am going to purchase a new CPU should i also buy a new motherboard and hope that it solves all the problems, anyone think that is a good idea?

with a new CPU i would get a new motherboard. Otherwise your selection of CPUs will be very limited to the old LGA 1155 socket on the motherboard. Also many vendor will only support their older board for up to 3 years. After that you don't get driver/bios updates.

by the way, i don't think there was anything wrong with the old CPU and motherboard. (other than it is old)

Solution