Getting a SSD. Will I need another version of Windows 10 from DreamSpark?

Kohwali

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
Currently I'm using the Windows 10 Educational version from DreamSpark. Just wondering if I'm able to use my current download for a clean install on my SSD or if I need to download another copy of Windows 10 from DreamSpark.

Solution
Looks like Windows 10 Educational is a volume license agreement, so your key should work just fine and there's no need to re-download.

Do note that you may be able to clone or "ghost" your original install over to the SSD depending on the size of the partition. That is, if you want to avoid a clean install.

joex444

Distinguished
Looks like Windows 10 Educational is a volume license agreement, so your key should work just fine and there's no need to re-download.

Do note that you may be able to clone or "ghost" your original install over to the SSD depending on the size of the partition. That is, if you want to avoid a clean install.

Solution

Kohwali

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
Thanks for the response! I've read quite a few posts about cloning software and the general consensus seems to be that a clean install is the best method to avoid bugs and glitches. As time consuming as redownloading all my software will be, I'd prefer avoiding annoying bugs and glitches.

TRENDING THREADS