Gaming PC Build Help

Sarahpt

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
Hi,
Firstly, I'll say this now - I'm not a stranger to building PC's, HOWEVER I'm now a mac girl so haven't really done a decent build in like 10ish years (actually prob more like 13 considering it was pre kids), so I'm out of touch with the current decent components ect...

So all our old pcs have been dying - thats a given when you consider that they are 5+ years old and not really designed for what the kids are using them for nowadays... so I'm on a mission to replace them and add a couple (one pc to 5 gaming kids doesn't quite work so well - and the cheap and nasty $300 laptop is bearly ms office friendly!)

The plan is to go with 2-3 new gaming pcs on a very limited budget, 4 if I'm awesome but i won't push it lol.

The kids are into games ranging form minecraft to the latest battlefield type games (can you tell I'm not a gamer... give me adobe CC and I'm happy! lol) so they need a pc that will run these games.
I would also love to be able to easily update the hardware when the time comes - hence why I'm keen on a diy build.

So help me figure out the internal contents of these pcs please! (and let me know if you know of anywhere that offers bulk discounting lol).

I'm not concerned with monitors and peripheral parts yet cause we already have a stock pile of these. Just the pc unit its self atm.

Don't know what kind of budget you had in mind, but an i3 build will run most games very well and has potential for future upgrades. The RX 480 will be out in a couple of weeks and paired with an i5 6500 using the other parts below would be a great build for 1080p gaming and should last quite a few years.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B150M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($61.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($31.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card ($134.99 @ Micro Center)
Case: DIYPC Solo-T1-R ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.88 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($33.69 @ Directron)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $541.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-13 22:48 EDT-0400