Extending the Quick Launch Bar in Win10

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I am currently using Win10 and I love the clean aesthetic so far. I know how to "pin" stuff to the taskbar (on the left by the start menu)but I would like to utilize the Quick Launch more... the very far right of the task bar that is.

I currently have a 34" UW monitor and can only see approx 4 quick launch icons at once before I have to use the drop down (actually up) arrow. I have a massive toolbar with this monitor and want more icons. Is there a way?

Solution
yep, it's the same as it was in Win 8; right click on the task bar, go to properties, on one of the tabs you'll see a "customize" button in a "notification area" section. Click it and toggle the box that says "Always show all icons..." it's at the bottom of the window.

newbcakes

Honorable
May 21, 2012
yep, it's the same as it was in Win 8; right click on the task bar, go to properties, on one of the tabs you'll see a "customize" button in a "notification area" section. Click it and toggle the box that says "Always show all icons..." it's at the bottom of the window.

Solution

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010

Oh my gosh. I'm at work on Win7 and this just worked. I can't wait to get home and utilize it on my monitor!! Thank you... so simple, can't believe I overlooked it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you want to be picky, you can go to settings/system/Notifications and actions
click Select which icons appear on the taskbar
this shows all the items which can or have appeared in that area and you can pick/choose which you want from here.

this won't work in 7 though.