Disk usage spikes to 100%

G

I have a ASUS X751L Laptop. It has Windows 10 home 64-bit, 8gbs of ram, an Intel Core i7 5500U @ 2.40GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M. So I could play steam games on it at low quality settings really well. Three weeks ago, the HDD went out and i sent it to ASUS to get fixed. They put a new HDD in it, (a SATA3 Jaguar-B 5400R 2.5'). I am having random disk usage spikes to 100%. It was doing this the last time before my hard drive went out. I cant play games i used to be able to play. I could play Battlefield 4 online on medium quality settings really well. now its lagging so bad on low settings. its not my internet, iv checked that. It cant be the HDD because its new. Iv updated my Graphics card driver, could it be another component inside my laptop? Any help would be great!

Solution
Hi there Enneptt,

As you suspect that your HDD could be causing this, you can just test it with a tool that can provide a SMART report. Look for pending/reallocated or uncorrectable sectors.
If there are some, you need to back up the data stored on thedrive.

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there Enneptt,

As you suspect that your HDD could be causing this, you can just test it with a tool that can provide a SMART report. Look for pending/reallocated or uncorrectable sectors.
If there are some, you need to back up the data stored on thedrive.

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution