Don't know what to do, need serious help

astraeos

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
I'm writing this on my phone so sorry for any typos.

So long story short, I'm swapping from amd to intel. Everything is new except I have the hdd,ssd, and power supply from my old build. Everything is installed fine but I can't seem to get the operating system to work...

I have a Windows 8.1 key that I bought and can reuse (not oem) and my old build ran on Windows 10 (accidentally bought the Spanish version for the new motherboard I got, but I dont want it in Spanish so I want to use my 8.1.). I put the installation thing Microsoft offers on a usb, when I try installing Windows I get a message saying that the drivers are not up to date and cannot proceed any further.

When I take out the installation usb I just get the message "an operating system wasn't found. Try disconn3cting any drives that don't contain an operating system".

I have the Windows 10 usb and the product key along with the Windows 8.1 product key. If there is anyway I can use either Windows to get my computer running please help me in doing so. Thank you for your time

Solution
You can change your languages without a new version. its in the settings menu. You can also install it in any language unless you only have a single language version of win 10. I think even then you can download the other language packs.

Media creation tool is possibly the same as what you already downloaded, how big was the USB you tried to install it on that gave the driver error?

What motherboard are you using? It might need a bios update to use the usb.

USAFRet

Titan
So...
you have a Win 8.1 license key
And a Win 10 license key

Create a new Win 10 USB or DVD with this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
Boot from the install media you created, install, and use either your valid Win 8.1 or Win 10 license to activate it.

astraeos

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Is the tool different than the installation thing I downloaded earlier? Also does it matter if I had all my old stuff on my hdd/ssd? I didn't get to factory reset them and can if needed.

Also thank you for responding!

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can change your languages without a new version. its in the settings menu. You can also install it in any language unless you only have a single language version of win 10. I think even then you can download the other language packs.

Media creation tool is possibly the same as what you already downloaded, how big was the USB you tried to install it on that gave the driver error?

What motherboard are you using? It might need a bios update to use the usb.

Solution