What does "Pre-Alpha" means to you?

perafilozof

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Hi, I am a gamer for over 20 years now, and I also make gaming videos on my YT channel[link removed]. I use a nickname perafilozof as filozof is the nickname I go in elementary school for acting like a philosopher in conversations. So I ran with it.

But enough about me, what I want to ask you as part of my research for a new video is: What does "Pre-Alpha" means to you? And by Pre-Alpha I mean the version of upcoming games that are shown to gamers. You have seen this many times by now, it's been a rising trend since 2003. Videos of new games have Pre-Alpha watermarks on them on trailers, on E3 presentations and so on. Games that are previewed have Pre-Alpha on screenshots that you see on gaming websites.What interests me is what do you think when you watch a video with Pre-Alpha watermark or read a preview with Pre-Alpha watermark on screenshots or watch a E3 presentation with Pre-Alpha. What are you expectations, what are your thoughts, what does seeing Pre-Alpha means to you.

Try to keep it short, 3-5 sentences, with maybe an example. You can write more to express your full opinion but I won't be able to carry everything over to a video.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much what Sinxar said its more like showing an idea of what we are thinking of doing and our idea looks like this but the game may not. More directly it means its footage shown before they have finished the Alpha version to test how well it plays.

perafilozof

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Thank you all for your opinions and posts. I have gathered all the information I found in this, and other forums and after collecting my thoughts created this video on the subject.

I welcome all criticism and discussions.

[link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: