LG Monitor - Shuts down when video signal is sent.

Zonda716

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
Hello!

I've bought a LG monitor (W2284F) with a power issue: The monitor randomly shuts off. It keeps on no more than 10 seconds. Thing is that the monitor will keep on if there's no video signal coming to it. At first I thought it could be the power supply that came with the monitor since it was not the original one, but I've tried with an original one from another LG monitor I have (which is also 12v 3.5a as the W2284f) but it keeps shutting off.
It's no difference if I plug it throught DVI or VGA.

I've been thinking that maybe the main controller board has some short, but how can I do to diagnose and find that? I've disassembled the monitor to see what I found, maybe a bad solder joint or something else. On the inverter board (the one that powers the two CCFL tubes) seems to be all OK since the tubes do turn on.
On the main board that has the DVI, VGA and POWER connectors the only thing that was weird to me is the solder at L504:

20160615_102603.jpg

Any comment on this will be appreciated.

Solution
I would say it is the video controller that is causing the issue as you still have same problem when using that other power board.

Zonda716

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

I didn't see any bad capacitor. I'm going to re-check. The light turns off. The monitor it's completely turning off.