Dell PC stuck at "just a moment" in Windows 10 set up

PracticalWho

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
Good morning,

I've seen countless threads about this same subject however I couldn't find a viable solution. Most posts talk about upgrading to windows 10 however this is a brand new PC purchased yesterday. I'm helping a co-worker set it up and of course something happens I cant figure out.

Problem: I just started setting up this computer and got through the Security portion (where you say no to Microsoft stealing all your info even though they'll do it anyways). I was on the screen to name the PC when I was called away. When I got back to the PC it seems to have gone into sleep mode, after waking it up it is now stuck on the "Just a Moment..." screen. I've tried rebooting and have tried to wait it out to no avail. I can get into the bios but it wont let me select to boot from disc to repair (also this computer didn't come with a repair disc which I thought was the norm).

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I have never dealt with this issue before.

Solution
you can download the win 10 installer from here: Win 10 media creation tool

use that to create a Win 10 install USB or DVD

I would suggest a reset since its only a new pc and you never got past initial install.

change bios to boot from USB or DVD first, HDD/ssd second
boot from installer
on screen after language choices, select repair this pc, not install
select reset this pc
since this is a dell, there could be 3 choices here, one might be factory reset.. do that. Otherwise it doesn't matter which you choose on a new pc,
regardless of choice, pc will restart and reinstall win 10

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can download the win 10 installer from here: Win 10 media creation tool

use that to create a Win 10 install USB or DVD

I would suggest a reset since its only a new pc and you never got past initial install.

change bios to boot from USB or DVD first, HDD/ssd second
boot from installer
on screen after language choices, select repair this pc, not install
select reset this pc
since this is a dell, there could be 3 choices here, one might be factory reset.. do that. Otherwise it doesn't matter which you choose on a new pc,
regardless of choice, pc will restart and reinstall win 10

Solution

PracticalWho

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for the help I will mark yours as the answer as it got me on the right track. Here is what I had to do in full. Since I haven't used the Dell BIOS in a while it to me a bit to figure you you are suppose to select "Add boot option" and drill down to the launcher on the Windows 10 CD I used. After I Reset the OS I was greeted with defaultuser0 which I couldn't log into. I had to boot into safe mode command line (hold down shift and restart) and added the Administrator account. > net user Administrator yourpasswordchoice > net user Administrator /active:yes after this i was able to log into my Windows 10 machine. I created a few local accounts from here and everything seems to be running smoothly. I have rebooted a few times to make sure that I would not encounter any more issues and so far everything worked. If anything changes I will update accordingly in case this can help someone in the future.