BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR whenever rendering in Adobe Premiere

tydirium6

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Hi, thank you for your help, first off.

So, my issue is whenever I try to render footage through Adobe Premiere, I get a BSOD with the error code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I just replaced my old PSU with the Corsair RM750x. I also get no crazy temps when rendering either. my i7 4790k with the stock cooler maxes at around 56 C during the process.

My GPU fans spike for some reason, but generally my temps are fine, my PSU is brand new, and as far as I can tell everything should be fine.

My GPU is an R9 290 Windforce from Gigabyte. Furthermore, before this issue, I did BSOD once, and I got a CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error. So far since rebuilding my PC a few weeks ago, that was the first BSOD I got.

I checked it through WhoCrashed, and it says the following:
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0x109 (0xA3A00F58B6DAC88A, 0xB3B71BDF095B81BB, 0x6, 0x18) Error: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

And then since then every time I render in Premiere, I crash. I don't ever get a WHEA error when I'm gaming or anything else. It's only when rendering in Premiere, and just now after attempting a Windows Defender full scan. What is that?

I also just tried a full diagnostic from Intel on my CPU and it passed fine and was below max temps by a bunch. So I don't think it's my CPU.

I've been trying to update my drivers, my MOBO was just sent back from ASUS for a different issue, I have new RAM and a new PSU, what could it be?

Help? I have Indiegogo backers I need to appease if I don't get this film finished.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver first that may help in solving the issue.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the PC once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do also set AMD to High Performance then test it again.

tydirium6

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

Okay, so, I took a closer look at my CPU temps, I installed MSI Afterburner, and my temps go up to 100. I was completely wrong on that front. Jesus. Anyways, so, I guess my issue really is a temperature one. I just reapplied thermal paste, but I'm still getting those temps. What do I do? What could cause that? A bad application of the paste?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Quite possibly yes, you only need a very small amount of thermal compound about the size of a grain of rice or even a bit smaller. Also check that any fans are clean and blow it out to remove dust buildup in the laptop

the msi after burner software gets installed into different directories depending on which setup was used on different dates.
I have seen systems with as many of copies of the driver running. you might see if you have more than one copy on your drive.

easy to just look at one of the memory dumps to see what is actually running.
you can post a link to a memory dump and I can take a quick look for you.

tydirium6

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

So it's really just a case of me reading my GPU's temps as my CPU's because I'm an idiot.

Anyways, I attempted trying another stock heatsink, and this time it got farther into the render, about a quarter way through before it failed again. I don't think it's my heatsink or my thermal paste application, as I've done everything there, short of buying a better, real cooler.

I get almost 100% CPU usage when I render. What could be causing these temps? For the longest time I've been rendering in Sony Vegas totally fine, but ever since I attempted editing there last week or so, it would crash every time I used it. And now, while Premiere is working fine, when I render, my CPU overheats.

c0tLc0O.jpg

Here are what my temps are like the second I start rendering. When I cancel, it plummets back down to average.

tydirium6

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

So I went into the BIOS and turned my CPU voltage to manual and now I've been able to render without BSOD's! However, I still get them even though my temps are now not that bad. Even playing CS gives me one. My temperatures are at operating level and I've been able to make it through a couple of renders scot free, but still, I'm getting BSODs every now and then despite having normal temps. What's goin on there?