Uninstalling / Wiping and Re-Installing Windows 10

Prawnapple

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014
Hi All,

I currently have a completely activated (Legal) copy of Windows 10 (not that this matters) and I was wondering if I run the Windows 10 / ISO setup file from my Windows drive (C:/) and choose the option to "delete all settings / files etc" will it keep my installation in a file / cache somewhere so the install can go ahead or should I rather keep the file on an alternative drive (D:/ - not a partition of C:/) and run it from there instead. Will any of the above even work? Looking forward to you responses!

I tried to create a USB bootable disk using Daemon Tools but it didn't want to work as my PC does not read it when choosing to boot from USB. Not sure why this is, but if the above works then I really don't mind using a bootable USB.

Kind Regards,

Kyle

Hello... Any windows OS can make a USB stick "Bootable"... B )
1) plug USB stick in a working windows OS computer.
2) Computer, right click the USB drive, Format
3) file system, FAT32
4) format options, Create an MS-DOS startup disk
5) Start

You now have a Bootable Disk!!!

Prawnapple

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014

Thanks man.

Will this allow me to install Windows 10 from scratch again? :)

Prawnapple

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014

Ah okay I see what you mean. What I had was a ISO of Windows 10 which I wrote to a USB device, then when I rebooted my PC didn't read the USB device so I think your way of doing it is better :)

So what you are saying is create a bootable USB and then do the ISO thing which I did? That should work?

Kind Regards,

Prawnapple

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2014

Hi Dave, thanks I am willing to try that however I have an extremely slow internet connection and was looking for alternatives :) I'll give it all a shot though. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS