Computer won't boot

LucasNothard

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015
Hi,
My computer crashed while playing a game and the screen went grey with black lines going down it. I rebooted and it went into an endless reboot loop. So i went into troubleshoot problems and tried startup repair which didnt work followed by system recovery and resetting which also didn't work. I'm not sure what else to try. Please help.
Thanks,
Lucas

LucasNothard

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

Ok, i was on mobile and accidentally set the thread to solved...I tried this and my pc booted into a purple screen and then rebooted itself again.

LucasNothard

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

Ok it comes up with a black screen telling me to reboot and select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device.

LucasNothard

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

Ok my computer successfully booted windows with the hdmi connection to the MB which presumably uses the integrated graphics in my APU - this wasn't working before. However, when I tried to boot it using my graphics card my monitor failed to get a hdmi signal. Any idea why this is? My graphics card is definitely running because the fans were spinning. Anyway, I have to go now, thanks for your help so far. Sorry if I take a while to reply next, I will try and get back as soon as possible.

LucasNothard

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

Hi, default graphics adapter is already set to pci express, is that the setting you're talking about? It's UEFI by the way. Also, speccy doesn't list my graphics card. https://gyazo.com/a0ad0d12d24eff1446491d59f3d96743

UPDATE: I noticed one of the power cables for my graphics card was unplugged so I plugged it back in, connected the hdmi to the graphics card and rebooted. It connected to my monitor and started loading windows but then started the reboot loop thing again. So I unplugged it again and connected the hdmi back to my motherboard and it booted. Is my graphics card broken?

LucasNothard

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

I re-inserted the card and it isn't tilted but still same problem :(

LucasNothard

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

Its a sapphire r9 270X, like a year old, don't think it has a warranty - i bought it off amazon

LucasNothard

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

ok, I'll probably try and get a replacement, thanks for your help :)