Do you need a second pc for a dual monitor?

Topbilla96

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
Hey guys.I'm gonna start my first streaming gaming on Twitch but I ran into some some problems,Do you need a second PC for your second monitor? When I watch any streamers on Twitch,I look onto their setup,they have another PC for their monitor.One PC is for their playing games and the second PC is for their 2nd monitor.But I still can use my laptop as a 2nd PC to chat,watch YouTube and Watch my streaming videos right?Let me hear your answers guys. BTW, CHEERS!! no? ok nvm.........

NOTE*: I'm noob on this second monitor stuff hehe

Solution
Hello... You have two options...
1) using the CPU/IGT from your MB connection and driving a monitor with it... This will require System memory allocated to it. This would be your "Internet", "stream" screen.
2) Using a second output of the GPU and driving a monitor with it... This will use GPU resources and slow Gaming performance.

You have the current "ONE" PC dual monitor equipment, hardware, to do this... once you get your IGT enabled as "both", in your BIO's (save&exit)
Windows will recognize "NEW" hardware, Install the intel driver for it... this will give you option #1.

Right click your Desktop-screen resolution use this Panel as your "Master" control of the Monitors, positions, and outputs from them... Multiple displays needs...
Hello... they are dedicating the other PC for just chat/web and internet video/audio stream processing...
The more CPU's the more data bandwidth and processing threads.
OR all that will have to done by your One system... (performance will vary) but having dual monitors is very easy to setup B )
Wanna do that now?

Bufty2

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
Having two monitors doesn't mean one has to have two PC's.

Two monitors can be handled by one PC and I think Ironsounds was asking if you wished to be guided on the setting up a of a second monitor if you have one.

ETA- crossed with Ironsound's response. Sorry.

Topbilla96

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

Ok....yeah I got my 2nd 1600x900 HP monitor with me.How are you gonna show me?

Topbilla96

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

My Specs:
CPU:Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0Ghz
CPU Cooler:Cooler Master Seidon 120V
GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming 8G (Just upgraded from my old GTX 780Ti) :lol:
Motherboard:MSI Z170A Gaming M5
RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4
Storage 1:Western Digital 1TB
Storage 2:SanDisk UltraII 240GB SSD
PSU:Corsair CX750 750W
Case:Corsair SPEC ALPHA

Peripherals.

Monitor 1 :Samsung 23.6” LED Monitor with simple stand (1920 x 1080)
Monitor 2 :HP S2031 20-Inch Diagonal LCD Monitor (1600 x 900)

Hello... You have two options...
1) using the CPU/IGT from your MB connection and driving a monitor with it... This will require System memory allocated to it. This would be your "Internet", "stream" screen.
2) Using a second output of the GPU and driving a monitor with it... This will use GPU resources and slow Gaming performance.

You have the current "ONE" PC dual monitor equipment, hardware, to do this... once you get your IGT enabled as "both", in your BIO's (save&exit)
Windows will recognize "NEW" hardware, Install the intel driver for it... this will give you option #1.

Right click your Desktop-screen resolution use this Panel as your "Master" control of the Monitors, positions, and outputs from them... Multiple displays needs to be changed to "Extend theses displays" B )

Solution