MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Blue Screen ntoskml.exe

Daniel Eyre

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
So ever since I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 every time I play a demanding game e.g. DayZ or Arma 3 after about an hour of playing I get a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Blue Screen of death which is caused by the driver 'ntoskml.exe' when I look in BlueScreenView.

I've included a screenshot of the BlueScreenView information.

http://

Solution
overall, run the dism.exe command and see if it finds a corrupted file
I guess I would also clear the window store cache since 3 out of the 4 bugchecks were in the windows store code.
-------------
4th bugcheck was like the first.

third bugcheck was like the first, (windows store code)
run the dism.exe command
(need to find out what tbs.sys does and why it has been modified)
looks like it is part of Trusted Platform Module (TPM) resources, the debugger thinks it is corrupted, but it might just have some anti debugger code in it to block debuggers.

second bugcheck was also in memory management while but while trying to prefetch data from your storage
(microsoft windows store was not involved in the bugcheck)
This could be from...
Hi,

Have you tried doing a clean install of the graphics card driver already?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site. (Nvidia or AMD)
- Reboot the PC once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.

no documentation on the error code.
you can put your memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory on a server, share the files and post a link.
maybe there will be something that provides a clue as to the cause.

------------
bugcheck 0x1a with a error code of 0x3f is not documented

my guess would be a hardware error and code corruption on the assumption that the error code would be similar to other error codes near the same value.
WIll look to see if I can find a updated error code list.

Daniel Eyre

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015

http://

that website will not allow me to look at your files, IE no download rights only upload.
you have to put the files on a public cloud server like microsoft onedrive, google docs, or mediafire and share the files for public access and post the link.

Daniel Eyre

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015

Here you go https://www.mediafire.com/?6fe6bve46rg9dwj

overall, run the dism.exe command and see if it finds a corrupted file
I guess I would also clear the window store cache since 3 out of the 4 bugchecks were in the windows store code.
-------------
4th bugcheck was like the first.

third bugcheck was like the first, (windows store code)
run the dism.exe command
(need to find out what tbs.sys does and why it has been modified)
looks like it is part of Trusted Platform Module (TPM) resources, the debugger thinks it is corrupted, but it might just have some anti debugger code in it to block debuggers.

second bugcheck was also in memory management while but while trying to prefetch data from your storage
(microsoft windows store was not involved in the bugcheck)
This could be from the SATA driver, the storage or something modifiing data thru a filter driver.
I would run the below dism command because I still see the corrupt windows file in memory so it is most likely corrupted on disk.
I would also run a malware bytes scan.

You might also run a memtest86 run to confirm your memory is working as expected. (I think it is, you generally get a different internal error if the timings are bad)
----------------
first bugcheck, system was running windows store code, attempted to decompress a buffer and got a error.
(error code was not documented) this lead to the bugcheck.

you might try and reset the windows store cache (wsreset.exe)
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-windows-store-cache
you have a overclocking driver running:
C:\Program Files\AMD\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys Tue Feb 11 03:06:52 2014

-your system seems to have a corrupted driver in memory.
\system32\drivers\tbs.sys Thu Oct 29 19:41:53 2015

start cmd.exe as an admin, run
sfc.exe /scannow
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
(these will look for and fix corrupted windows drivers on disk, the corruption could be in memory only)

looks like you have motherboard drivers that are newer than those provide by the motherboard vendor (might be ok)

machine info:
BIOS Version F7
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 06/24/2014
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product F2A88XM-DS2
Chassis Type Desktop
Processor Version AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor
Processor Voltage 8dh - 1.3V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3200MHz
Current Speed 3200MHz

memory
Speed 1333MHz
Manufacturer Kingston
Part Number KHX1600C10D3/
[

Solution

Daniel Eyre

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015

Okay I'll go through these steps and I'll report back to you if I still get the error.