WMP, YouTube, vessel, twitch etc. lagging when gaming

Northstorm

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
Lately I have had issues with different videos lagging when gaming (both in Win Movie Player, YouTube, vessel, twitch etc.).

It seems to happen whenever I run a game in "Full-screen" (exclusive), running in "Windowed Borderless" or just plain windowed seems to fix it untill I go full screen again, now, back in Win7 i had the same issue, and fixed it by disabling Windows Desktop Composition, however, I am unable to find any sort of fix or equal setting in Win 10 (which I've been running for about a year now)

It is for all games, from Terraria to Planetside 2.

I don't believe it's a hardware issue, since I'm running a i7 2600k @4.2GHz and a GTX 970, 16GB RAM, a 250GB Crucial SSD as Boot drive, and 1TB SanDisk SSD for games/apps and there are no thermal problems or anything, I'm running 3 monitors, 2 1080p's and 1 1440p (main monitor) and besides overclocking my 1440 to 90hz I haven't messed with any settings. (I HAVE tried disabling my OC but to no avail)

And just to make it clear, it's YouTube etc that's lagging, not my games.
EDIT: It's only the video that lags, the audio plays perfectly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

This I have tried also includes:
Messing around with DPI scaling.
Disabling Nvidia shield streaming -> https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3tojfa/psa_nvidia_if_you_updated_geforce_experience_and/

TRENDING THREADS