BSOD on Upgrade to Windows 10 system_thread_exception_not_handled igdkmd64.sys

Ashantai

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
I recently upgraded my PC from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 64bit.

At first everything went fine for about 15 minutes. Then I noticed Windows was installing new drivers. Ever since I've been in a spiral of BSODs and reboots.

I get the message: system_thread_exception_not_handled with igdkmd664.sys as the alleged culprit.

I have a GTX660 video card and an on board Intel HD 4000. The motherboard is a Z77 Pro3.

I followed instructions I found elsewhere to remove the Intel drivers and then add the latest Windows 8.1 versions from the Asus site. Unfortunately that prevented the PC booting at all. I've uninstalled the Intel drivers again but am at a loss how to proceed.

When I can log into windows it automatically starts to install drivers and BSODs before I can stop it. I cannot stop it automatically installing drivers either.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to run Windows Update and install all the update available.
- Once done, do run SFC Scanner.
- Search for Command Prompt, right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
- Once open, type sfc/scannow then press Enter. While until it finish the scan and see if it will solve the issue or not.
- If these steps will not work, proceed with doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.
- If the same problem will persist, do also run a memory test just to make sure everything is working properly.
- If all test will pass, last option would be to reinstall Windows 10.
- Do also try installing the latest BIOS version.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Please read the threads - this is NOT a LAPTOP!