Monitors don't wake up from sleep. Tried literally everything I could Google

uTukan

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
When I try to wake up my computer from sleep by pressing the power button, everything starts running, except the monitors, I have to hard turn the PC off and on for them to work again. The monitors are in sleep mode. What is weird that after the hard reset, the stuff is actually as it was before the reset

What I did:

Made sure I have the most current drivers
Tried changing wake up handling from BIOS to OS in BIOS
Disabling link state power management in advanced power settings in power plans.
Enabled mouse and KB to wake up PC from sleep in Device Manager
Enabled waking up by KB/mouse in BIOS
Updating BIOS to the newest version (MSI Z170A Gaming M3)

Here are screenshots of what my advanced power options looks like

Thanks for any help. I'll add video that shows how it goes in few minutes.
Also, here's parts list

Solution
Hehe, are you sure?
Ok, I have a Swedish language Windows 10 but the procedure is quite like the the same as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 for that matter.

First:
Click Start > in the search field of Windows 7 (if Windows 8/10 just type) > energ > in the list that appears click ''Energi options' > Change computer settings for power safe mode (left panel) => change 'Turn off monitor after' to > Never > Save changes > Restart the computer

After Windows restarted, wait a couple of minutes...
Second:
Click Start > in the search field of Windows 7 (if Windows 8/10 just type) > energ > in the list that appears click ''Energi options' > Change computer settings for power safe mode (left panel) => change 'Turn off monitor after'...
Hi,

These things you have changed in the Bios Setup has absolute nothing to do with this, so please changed it back or just do a "Load Bios Default setting" > check your Boot drives priority and change that if necessary, Save & Exit

Now What Windows system are you running?
Click Start > i the search field (if Windows 10 just type) > energ > a new windows appears, click on 'Energi options' > Change computer setttings for power safe mode > 'Change advanced settings' > change turn off monitor to 0 minute. > Restart the computer > back in again and turned it on.

uTukan

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

What do you mean by "bach in again and turned it on"? Feel free to write it in your language, I will translate it.

Hehe, are you sure?
Ok, I have a Swedish language Windows 10 but the procedure is quite like the the same as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 for that matter.

First:
Click Start > in the search field of Windows 7 (if Windows 8/10 just type) > energ > in the list that appears click ''Energi options' > Change computer settings for power safe mode (left panel) => change 'Turn off monitor after' to > Never > Save changes > Restart the computer

After Windows restarted, wait a couple of minutes...
Second:
Click Start > in the search field of Windows 7 (if Windows 8/10 just type) > energ > in the list that appears click ''Energi options' > Change computer settings for power safe mode (left panel) => change 'Turn off monitor after' to > 1 min > Save changes > Restart the computer

Then see what happens if you don't touch anything, when the monitor shuts off, you should be able to just touch the keyboard or the mouse.
Please tell what the result might be.
Best regards from Sweden

Solution

uTukan

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah, that's what I did before as well (forgot to mention it), the monitors turn off, but the computer doesn't go to sleep, the fans keep running (yes, I did set "Put the computer to sleep" to 1 minute as well). What I want is that when I click "sleep" in the start menu's power menu, the computer basically turns off, but the LED around the power button on my case keeps flashing, so when I push it it should bring me back right where I ended. I guess it's not exactly sleep, but hybrid sleep/hybrid mode.

Also, there aren't energy options, it's power options.

EDIT: So I turned the Hibernate option on in the power menu, it works as I wanted now! Thanks.

uTukan

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Yes, I understand that haha, I myself am not from English speaking country (Czech Republic) but I probably speak English as much as Czech so I just set my Windows to English for the convenience when troubleshooting something :lol: