Windows 10 Blue Screen PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (snp2uvc.sys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superamater

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I Do a uptade and then after hours this Blue Screen come PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (snp2uvc.sys).And now this Blue Screen comes in a certain period.What can i do?

Hello... B /
let's see what the OS is reporting as the error... Right click computer-manage-System Tools-Event Viewer-Windows Logs-System/Applications/Security.... Double Click on the "RED" errors, for more information, General/Details... and files/drivers/Apps, comments/suggestions/information associated with them B )

Posting screen images from here will help me, help you faster... But copy and posting text will work too B )

AnnnnA

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016

Can you please tell me how you fix it! I'm having the same problem and it's killing me! Thank you

if it is the same problem you would install a update for the webcam driver.
if you can not find a update you would remove the driver or disable the webcam in BIOS to prevent the bucheck.

Jakesieboykie

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
I have the exact same problem, been trying to fix it foe over a week now. It is definitely the Web Cam for your computer.

The problem is because of the automatic windows 10 updates running in the background.

To temporarily fix the problem you can go onto a wi-fi network and set the connection to metered, this will prevent windows in performing push commands for any updates.

I am still trying to figure out why this is happening but believe that the problem lies with windows (as windows launched an update last week or the week before)

I will Post solutions as soon as I have figured it out.

zetruz

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
I know this problem appears on Fujitsu's Lifebook AH531. It can be solved by manually installing the webcam driver. You'll have to figure out where to find it, and maybe someone here can help with that,but it is doable. (And if you happen to have an AH531, I can send you the file directly.)

Oakdream20910

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Hey.. May I ask you for your email maybe? I've got the same problem here. With the same laptop just like you. And since I'm not that expert on computer, I really really need your help. Please. Thank you before.

Jjosefinejonssn

Commendable
Jul 30, 2016

Could you please send me the file?? I've got the same laptop and this problem :( tried to uninstall the webcam which seems to be working as long as my internets not turned on

Nguyen_Ant

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

Could you help me please?!
I got same problem with Fujitsu AH531 - Windows 10 Anniversary
My skype taio.cruz36 (Better if you can get in my Window through Teamviewer)
Please. I got blue screen some times recently!!

Nguyen_Ant

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016

Could you help me please?!
I got same problem with Fujitsu AH531 - Windows 10 Anniversary
My skype taio.cruz36 (Better if you can get in my Window through Teamviewer)
Please. I got blue screen some times recently!!

zetruz

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
If you have a Fujitsu Lifebook AH531, read this post!

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the late response. (Though Jjosefinejonssn, I did PM you - I suppose you missed it.) Instead of helping you all individually, I'll try a response here. This is only known to work with the Fujitsu Lifebook AH531.

Step 1 - Download the driver and put it on your desktop. I uploaded it to Google Drive, you can fetch the file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzzRohaPJ4cMOVo4MGMxS1RsYjQ

Step 2 - Restart your computer.

Step 3 - Start the Command prompt in Administrator mode. Do this by searching for "CMD" (without the quotation marks - just CMD) in the Start Menu or the Search function next to it. It will find a blackish square icon called Command Prompt, cmd.exe, or something similar. Right-click it and choose "Run as administrator". Confirm that you indeed want to do this.

Step 4 - Type "net stop bits" (without the quotation marks) and press enter. It will say BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) either is not running, or has been stopped (it can take a couple of moments). Either way, that means it's not running, which is good.

Step 5 - Type "net stop wuauserv" (without the quotation marks) and press enter. It will say WUAUSERV (Windows Update) either is not running, or has been stopped (it can take a couple of moments). Either way, that means it's not running, which is good.

Step 6 - Go into My Computer:\C:\Windows. Copy the folder called SoftwareDistribution to your desktop. This is for safety only; I've never had to do it, but it feels good to be safe.

Step 6 - Enter the folder. Not the copy, but the original. In other words, enter My Computer\C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution. Now delete EVERYTHING inside it. Everything. Do NOT delete the folder itself, but empty it of absolutely everything. This empties Windows Update of its cached files, of its "memory".

Step 7. Restart your computer, run the driver file, and install the driver.

Step 8. Restart your computer again. Now run Windows Update manually (just search for it in the Start Menu). It will now have to look for updates again because we cleared its "memory". This can take a while, but it should work fine. If your computer either finds no updates (meaning it's up-to-date) or finds updates and installs them without problem, and everything works fine, you can delete the SoftwareDistribution copy from the desktop. You're done!

I hope this helps someone.

zetruz

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

You have an AH531 specifically, that's doing this? And the SoftwareDistribution folder was already empty? This should not be the case, because the camera update comes via Windows Update.
You can try showing hidden files and folders. In the Start menu, search for "show hidden" and click "Show hidden files and folders". In the long list of settings, find the setting we're talking about (it's near the top) and switch it to Show rather than Hide. Click Apply, click OK, and then try the whole thing again.

If you still see nothing in the folder, you should try rebooting your computer and just installing the driver without emptying the folder. Then reboot it again and see if it works.

David_666

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
Sorry, i was referring to your google download folder. I've managed to find the driver I require from the information on the file.

I've followed the rest of the instructions you gave and all seems to be working perfectly now.

Thanks to your expertise the wife is now a happy person, as I was the one that suggested putting windows 10 onto her laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.