After June Windows 10 update Monitor and Keyboard/Mouse don't work

DC_imp

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I selected "Update and Shut Down" on Wednesday for the new update. When I switched it back on, my monitor and keyboard (and mouse which connects to the keyboard) were unresponsive (no display output, no input ability). Monitor uses HDMI and keyboard uses USB. All usb ports will provide power to other accessories but not to my keyboard (a Razer lycosa). Can't try other outputs for the monitor atm (no cables). No PS2 port on unit. Computer is a HP Envy h9-1350 unmodded.

Tried unplugging external power cord and pressing power button to make it boot to recovery, but didn't work. Unplugging HDMI and USB didn't work. Fan and accent lights are on, but I have no clue if it's otherwise functioning normally.

I ordered a recovery cd and if that doesn't work or the problem just happens again next time update sneak installs, I will switch to Linux.

Any other suggestions? I only have tablets and an XBOX360 for troubleshooting.

MARCH 2017 UPDATE

Long story short, it was the PSU and motherboard. I had to buy a few different things over the months and ultimately repairs turned into upgrades (new case, RAM and GPU).

What I tried in order:

Windows boot CD
every onboard video port
removed GPU
replaced CMOS battery
cleared CMOS jumper settings
cleared PW jumper settings
tried with and without various HDD
tested old PSU with a PSU tester (dead) & replaced PSU
tried new RAM on every slot
tried BIOS recovery (no display no beeps)
got new motherboard, transferred CPU over and rebuilt system in new case

Basically, the original motherboard (Formosa) was not posting, no post no beeps most of the time (never got the one post beep but I would get error beeps without RAM or with different RAM combos). Fans spun. Trying different RAM combos, I got errors beeps and board turning on/off but the conditions were erratic and defied replication. This post was very helpful in guiding my troubleshooting.

A problem I encountered on the new board is that now Windows apparently embeds your product key in BIOS and also stores the info on your Microsoft account (but it is not visible to you) and I couldn't link the new motherboard and old key. So I bought an OEM Pro key from gamecheap and had a bit of a pickle activating it (use generic key-google it- to upgrade Home to Pro then use your key via the phone activation system if you have this problem).

New build is fine except for some reason my motherboard doesn't like one of the two new RAM sticks I bought, Windows 10 still has weird problems like File Explorer crashing randomly, and at present I have a memory leak which affects Opera though so far all drivers appear up to date.

Solution
Until you can test to see if you get a picture from another cable, we won't get very far at all. It might be just drivers, there might have been updates to both gpu and razer synpase in update, but even if it were windows the bios flash screen should exist. Your board appears to have integrated graphics so might need to try that too.

You can download Windows 10 from Here but you need more than a tablet to make the iso.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Until you can test to see if you get a picture from another cable, we won't get very far at all. It might be just drivers, there might have been updates to both gpu and razer synpase in update, but even if it were windows the bios flash screen should exist. Your board appears to have integrated graphics so might need to try that too.

You can download Windows 10 from Here but you need more than a tablet to make the iso.

Solution