Windows 10 Store Not Opening

Marceli

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
Hello there. So not so long ago I got my gaming PC with Windows 10 installed. So everything was fine up until last week where at first my images didnt want to open. So upon encountering my first issue the solution was to find another app from the windows 10 store to open images. So I followed the steps and tried launching the store. But it just was not opening, I was really frustrated by this. Over the last week I have been searching and trying to find a solution to my issue but nothing seems to work. I hope someone here can help me :)

Thank You :)

Marceli

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

Yup, tried to troubleshoot and it told me there was no problems detected. Ran the commands and it told me it fixed some stuff but the store still ain't working. Tried to reset it but it said "You'll need to find a new app to open this ms-store-windows"

So basically still nothing worked

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you get errors if you try to open an image without the viewer you downloaded?

Have you tried to use another user and access these two things that stopped working? you can make a test user and see. To give it access to all your files copy the contents of your user folders onto new user

Marceli

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

I do get an error message when trying to open an image and it is "The remote procedure call failed"

The viewer downloaded is the default W10 viewer.

I have tried going on a different profile on this pc and yes the same issue are still there.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard Key in PowerShell and hit Enter.
1. Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
2. Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
NOW for the important part ! Locate to : C:/Users/name/AppData/Local/ and delete the TileDataLayer folder. Should fix everything immediately, no reboot necessary. Let me know how it works for you, it did for me! And remember to clean the recycle bin after you deleted the folder and give it 1min then everything is back to normal !

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/the-remote-procedure-call-failed-windows-10/6f33ec8a-2e6b-4a9a-bfcc-9c121404c871

Marceli

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

Everytime I try to delete the folder it gives me this

http://prntscr.com/bhzols

Colif

Win 11 Master
might need to logon to safe mode to delete it.

I hate that message. Its like windows thinks it has more control of system than you do. Its a handy security feature to stop people deleting things they shouldn't but win 10 thinks it owns my USB drives and gives a similar error when I try to remove one.

Marceli

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

Alright, will I need to run those commands again or am I good to go?

Marceli

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016

Running it in safe mode still didnt allow me to delete the file :/ What a dumb error message to be getting.