Administrator password denied

Ben Nett

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I have my administrator password written down. In fact, as I type this, it's sitting right in front of me. I typed it in today (I don't run off the admin account) to grant permission to a program, and it wouldn't register. I typed it in multiple times, but it still wouldn't register. It's almost as if the password was changed, except it wasn't. Is there any way in which I could get a hold of my admin password or change it? Unfortunately, the administrator account is locally based, so I couldn't change it through Microsoft. What should I do?

Solution
Make sure you don't have your caps lock on, or that you don't mistakenly have an "o" (letter), vice a "0" (number). Check for upper vs. lower case letters, etc.

You may have to reload your OS.

Discussions on how to bypass security measures are not allowed. We have no means to verify the legal ownership of the device in question.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Make sure you don't have your caps lock on, or that you don't mistakenly have an "o" (letter), vice a "0" (number). Check for upper vs. lower case letters, etc.

You may have to reload your OS.

Discussions on how to bypass security measures are not allowed. We have no means to verify the legal ownership of the device in question.

Solution