An Upgrade Question About Windows 7 to Windows 10

Humanoid

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Hello,

I've strange question about upgrading to Windows 10. Currently we have two computer, one has Windows 7 (32-bit), the other one has Windows 8.1 (64-bit). As you can imagine I have two DVD.

I will upgrade my PC which has Windows 7 and clearly, I need a 64-bit because of memory limit. My question is this:

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 before free upgrade time ends, can I use my Windows 8.1 DVD for installation and upgrade it to Windows 10 with my license key (which Windows 7 has)?

Thanks for your helps and sorry for grammar/spelling errors.

Solution

I'm not getting the problem.

You can Upgrade the Win 7 to 10, and the Win 8.1 to 10.
You can't use the same license, either 7 or 8.1, to Upgrade to 10 on two different...

USAFRet

Titan

I'm not getting the problem.

You can Upgrade the Win 7 to 10, and the Win 8.1 to 10.
You can't use the same license, either 7 or 8.1, to Upgrade to 10 on two different systems.

1 license, 1 PC.

Solution

Humanoid

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Hello guys,

USAFRet, I know, one license for one computer rule. I just want to use my old Windows 7 license for my old computer. Just want to upgrade it clearly and intended. I will write it step by step.

I will upgrade Windows 7 (32-bit) to Windows 10 (32-bit). But 32-bit system isn't what I want, I want to use 64-bit system. I don't want to download and burn ISO, because I'm afraid to make corruptions. Just wish to know, can I use my Windows 8.1 64-bit DVD for installation and upgrade it to Windows 10 with my license key which I used in Windows 7.

MeanMachine41, thanks a lot. But as you can see I don't want to do what you say. Because I'm afraid of making corruptions.

USAFRet

Titan

You can't use the same Win 8.1 license to Upgrade 2 different PC's.

And creating your own Win 10 install media via the MediaCreation tool, and using that to Upgrade, is safer/more reliable than trying to do it directly via the internet.

Really Humanoid there is no cause for your concern. The process is very simple and the installation would not complete if there were corrupted files on the ISO. You really are complicating the issue.