Where did the default Inbuilt apps go?

Ethan348

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 1, 2015
Hey there,

My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 10586

My startup button didn't work so I used some commands given in the articles online in Windows Powershell

The Start.. Cortana work now but..

The Apps in Categories : Life at a glance, Play & Explore have disappeared

I thought that they must have been unpinned but.. NO!! The apps have been uninstalled..

I tried to fix this by downloading apps using Windows Store but to my surprise..

THERE IS NO SUCH APP AS WINDOWS STORE IN MY SYSTEM!!!

I need help

Solution
press Win key + r
type wsreset.exe (this may not work)

try this in a command prompt with admin rights

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Colif

Win 11 Master
press Win key + r
type wsreset.exe (this may not work)

try this in a command prompt with admin rights

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
+1 there, that's what i would suggest as well. that is a bulk re-install of all the stock apps and works well the few times i have used it.

second option is to repair windows to get them bacl. you can re-run the windows installer with windows running. select "save personal files and settings" at install and it will give you a fresh windows install but save what is already on the pc. back up any data first in case something goes wrong. it is always a possibility.

Ethan348

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 1, 2015

Thanks the apps have been restored but none of them work

It shows some kinda error

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

you may be in the need for a fresh install of windows if there are those kinds of problems. it's easy to do. run the media creator again and select "upgrade this pc" when asked, tell it to "save personal settings and programs" and it will do a fresh install of windows and leave the other stuff alone. may be the only way to fix whatever is going on behind the scenes. i do this often as i tweak the crap out of my windows installs and as win 10 is still new and i'm learning, i break it rather often.

just a thought anyway, if you really want these apps and they won't work any other way.

Colif

Win 11 Master
could try making a new user and see if they exist for it. Your user may just be corrupted. You can copy all your files over to it by simply copying your current user folders onto new user in c/users... i did it a few weeks ago.