Should I get a Korean Monitor?

manky2

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
Hey guys,

I will be getting either a GTX 1070, or 2x RX 480's in a few weeks and would like to upgrade my existing 144hz 1080p monitor. There is a Korean 96hz+(overclock) 1440p monitor that fits by budget nicely, but I am hesitant because it is obviously from Korea and not a Grade A display. Is there any issues I should take into consideration? Thanks.

Monitor: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-II-Multi-TRUE10-27-2560x1440-QHD-DVI-HDMI-Monitor-/121362611435?hash=item1c41c67ceb:g:2UoAAOxyUylTPTVd

Also, will it overclock 96hz?

Solution

Yes, I understand that they are...

manky2

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014

Yeah I knew Samsung and LG are Korean manufactures. Sorry I should of been more clear, I meant becase of shipping and warranty (returns incase something goes wrong).

USAFRet

Titan

And that relates far more to that ebay seller, rather than being 'Korean'.

Personally, I use ebay for those items where I absolutely cannot get it elsewhere. Some obscure used part, for instance.

How much is that exact same monitor from a known retail location, with a known warranty?

manky2

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014

They are only on eBay in the UK.. What I meant is that it comes from Korea.

USAFRet

Titan

Yes, I understand that they are made in Korea.
That seller, accessorieswhole, is who you should have to worry about for the warranty aspect.

Will QNIX honor a warranty for a device sold by that ebay seller? Who knows.

Solution

meeyak17

Commendable
May 11, 2016

I got my QNIX QX2710 from accessorieswhole about 10 months ago, and I had no problems with it. It came with 1 dead pixel which is impossible to spot unless you are looking for it. I also managed to OC the refresh rate to 96hz - no problem.

You just have to make sure you don't get the monitor that has the "TRUE10" or "Off-Grade" in it's name. Also if you plan on overclocking the refresh rate you must get the one with the single DVI input.

I can say best monitors for the price, totally worth it.