Windows 10: Random BSOD - WHEA Uncorrectable error

jimmy_g

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
Hey everyone! 2 weeks ago I bought a pre-assembled gaming PC (see specs below) and after 3 days of some heavy game-testing (The Witcher 3, AC Unity - all set to high settings) random BSOD started showing up. At first I thought maybe the VGA card is defective but BSOD were occurring even during non-graphical tasks. So I carried out the usual tests to try and isolate (hopefully replicate) the issue. 3D Mark passed with flying colours, MemTest passed as well. Then something weird started to occur when I did the CPU Stress test using Prime95 (Maximum Heat) - both tests pass but as soon as I stop the test a BSOD will show up. So I tried it again, and again - 4 out of 5 times it occurred. So I launched Windows 10 in safe mode to verify whether it's a driver issue, but the same happened.

So obviously I took it back to where I bought it. After 3 days they called me to say they'd fixed it. Issue was the BIOS needed updating so they flashed it and re-installed Windows 10 and everything. Got it back home (this was 4 days ago) and took it for a spin. Yesterday, after 2 days of playing games on it the first BSOD occurred with the same error code. After the PC reset I was greeted with another BSOD and this went on for 4 times right after each other. So I hard reset the PC and decided to do a system restore to a recent point where a game had updated my DirectX. Today I have played a while on the PC and ran a full on test of 3D Mark but nothing happened.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what might be causing the issue. The annoying thing is that it's not easily replicated and cannot be isolated to graphical tasks or something else. What is most frustrating is that it's a brand new PC and it has already encountered issues more than my old laptop did in 6 years!

Specs:

• ASUS H110M-A
    Intel Core i5-6600, 3.3Ghz
    2Tb SATA 7200rpm
    8GB DDR4 @2133Mhz
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4Gb
    Windows 10 Home Edition 64bit

Hi,

This seems to be a common issue Windows 10 lately, please do try doing a clean install of the graphics card driver that may do the trick.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do set Nvidia as the default GPU.
- Here's how: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2615/~/how-do-i-customize-optimus-profiles-and-settings%3F