Viewing BEFORE buying a high end Monitor (London / South East England)

spacetufty

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Does anyone where I can view high end monitors in an actual store in London or the South East? I am looking to buy a QHD 27" to 34" wide/curved monitor, but the usual places like Curry's PC World, John Lewis etc just don't stock them. I want to see what they physically look like before parting with my cash. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Solution
I mounted mine on a vertical Monitor arm with a deepish desk clamp. Looks fine and no cables visible below the monitor, but I can't comment on the wall mount aspect other than to mention the monitor has around a 4-5" bulge/depth where the wall mount would go. That's just at the back - the actual curve dip screenside is barely an inch.

Because of the folding arm my monitor is probably just over double the distance from the wall than it it would be if it were wall mounted but it's fine as is and the experience is great.

Bufty2

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
As far as performance (and/or looks) is concerned, check out the specs on some YouTube reviews and check your system can cope and then if you wish to go farther get it on Amazon. I believe you have thirty days in which to decide if you want to keep it or not. I originally got a 34" Samsung curved but then realised it had no G-sync and returned it with no fuss at all. If you may return it, keep all the packaging and take care unpacking it. Details are on the Amazon site.

I have an X34 Predator 34" curved and Witcher 3 plays beautifully at 95Hz on 3440 x1440 via a GTX980Ti. Depending upon what games you play (assuming you are a gamer) the 3440 x1440 option means that tweaking will no doubt be necessary in many cases to get optimum results but WSGF (Widescreen Gaming Forum) can help there.

Predator looks cool with spread legs and LEDs but I removed the legs to give me more desk space.

Good luck.

spacetufty

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Thanks for the tips! I am thinking about wall mounting the monitor, but didn't know whether a curved ultra wide would look good on the wall, hence why I wanted to see it for real. What do you think, would be the curve of the Predator look odd on a wall? BTW... yes, I'm a gamer and running at 1440 at a decent frame rate is key, so saving up for a 1070 or 1080 along with the Monitor.

Bufty2

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
I mounted mine on a vertical Monitor arm with a deepish desk clamp. Looks fine and no cables visible below the monitor, but I can't comment on the wall mount aspect other than to mention the monitor has around a 4-5" bulge/depth where the wall mount would go. That's just at the back - the actual curve dip screenside is barely an inch.

Because of the folding arm my monitor is probably just over double the distance from the wall than it it would be if it were wall mounted but it's fine as is and the experience is great.

Solution

spacetufty

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
Hi Bufty2... thanks for your advice. I finally bought the X34. Wall mounted using a cantilever arm. Along with my new GTX 1070 the experience is amazing! Very Happy!!!