Windows 10 won't boot. Bootloop.

ghardwares

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Hi,

I just upgraded from Windows 7. All went well but after I changed the privacy settings right after the upgrade, I got a black screen. It remained black for over 1.5 hours. Then I decided to turn it off. After I turned my laptop (Toshiba Satellite C660-22V, released in 2011) on, it ran into a boot loop. Does anyone know how to fix this? A few days later, I took the hard drive out of the laptop and made a backup to make sure all the data is safe. I also discovered the windows.old folder. Is it possible to just replace the windows folder with the windows folder in the windows.old folder to roll back to windows 7? Or is that not possible? Or is there a possibility to boot it properly and maybe roll back to Windows 7? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Thanks for all your help! ;)
If anyone has/had the same problem as me, I solved it by going back to windows 7.
When your pc reaches the log-in screen and if you log in the desktop doesn't appear, you have to press and hold the shift button while you press on restart in the log-on screen.
Your PC will automatically run the safe mode and you have to select troubleshoot. Then choose advanced options and click on 'go back to the previous version of windows'. After I did that, it got stuck when it tried to restart. When it takes too long, you just have to turn off the pc and turn it back on and it will continue.
I hope I helped someone :)

ghardwares

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Thanks for all your help! ;)
If anyone has/had the same problem as me, I solved it by going back to windows 7.
When your pc reaches the log-in screen and if you log in the desktop doesn't appear, you have to press and hold the shift button while you press on restart in the log-on screen.
Your PC will automatically run the safe mode and you have to select troubleshoot. Then choose advanced options and click on 'go back to the previous version of windows'. After I did that, it got stuck when it tried to restart. When it takes too long, you just have to turn off the pc and turn it back on and it will continue.
I hope I helped someone :)

Solution