is my motherboard truly a piece of garbage?

jubijessi

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
I have a gigabyte h110m-a motherboard, 500w evga psu and a gtx 760, and ever since i've had it running whenever there is more than the usb wifi card, wireless keyboard and mouse plugged into any of the usb ports the mouse cursor will jump around the screen, my key strokes have like a 2 second delay and it wont recognize what new device i've plugged in until i remove one of the others. could this be because of the cheap motherboard? or the cheap psu maybe?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Typically, both Gigabyte and EVGA make good products. This sounds more like an issue with which USB ports you may be using and pulling too much current to those devices. Are you using the front panel (the ones attached to your case) or the back panel (ones connected directly to the motherboard) to connect your devices.

jubijessi

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
Usually yes, and usually it works properly with only those three, but when I plug in my external hard drive, phone etcetera in addition it freaks out. I've noticed though that the mouse jumps a bit when i move large files from my main drive to my secondary aswell, which is why I'm thinking this is a motherboard problem.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You are just pulling too much power. You could add to your ability to power that many devices with a powered USB hub. This is not a motherboard issue, per se. Rather it is a power issue in that you are overloading the USB power usage on your rig.