RealTek Disappeared after updating drivers

r1e2x310

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2013
I updated my audio drivers and restarted and all sound was coming out of the monitors rather than my headset. I Checked Playback devices to change the audio back to my headset but it wasn't there, only my monitors audio were. So I unplugged and replugged my headset in multiple ports, nothing. Finally I went to control panel and audio and the RealTek audio manager wasn't there. so i uninstalled and reinstalled from the website and still nothing, i did some searching and it is enabled in the bios. one person said to look in System information and look in problem devices, i found this.
Intel High Definition Audio INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182&REV_1003\4&42F4E46&0&0201 The drivers for this device are not installed.
I have installed the RealTek drivers and I am unsure what to do as i cant find any drivers other than the ones I already installed from here "http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false"

I also looked through device manager more thoroughly and "Intel High Definition Audio" is in Other devices. in "sound,video and game controllers" there is "AMD High Definition Audio"

Any help would be great

Rex

Solution
Did you use Driver Booster to update drivers? I ask as I used it last week to update my drivers and it showed an update for Realtek and an update for Intel audio. I got both and as soon as I restarted I discovered I had no sound, and that HD Audio Manager wasn't running. I too looked in device manager and only found Intel audio.

Now its a good thing Driver Booster creates a system restore point before installing anything as I just ran it and had my drivers back. This annoyed me as I had started to think it knew what it was doing with drivers but now I doubt it

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you use Driver Booster to update drivers? I ask as I used it last week to update my drivers and it showed an update for Realtek and an update for Intel audio. I got both and as soon as I restarted I discovered I had no sound, and that HD Audio Manager wasn't running. I too looked in device manager and only found Intel audio.

Now its a good thing Driver Booster creates a system restore point before installing anything as I just ran it and had my drivers back. This annoyed me as I had started to think it knew what it was doing with drivers but now I doubt it

Solution

r1e2x310

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2013
Yes it was driver booster, it is now uninstalled as well as all drivers from the last update, installed drivers from manafacture. all is working fine.
Thanks all for answers.