Looking for monitor under $200

underAgroove

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
Hey so I recently spur of the moment bought a new monitor at Best Buy without doing a ton of research on what to get. I had gotten sick and tired of gaming on my 720p tv. I bought this one

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aoc-27-widescreen-flat-panel-ips-led-hd-monitor-piano-black-silver/6293177.p?id=1218726428129

And it seemed like a good deal compared to the other ones at the store but I'm a little overwhelmed by all the different options you can have for a new monitor. Does high refresh rate mean fps? Thus you need a fast rig to run games at higher frames?

I just want a simple, cheap, nice looking monitor under $200 and have no idea where to start or if the one I bought is decent

Thanks

Solution
If you're going to play games and watch shows/movies, then VA is what you want.

If you gotta view it from extreme angles for whatever reason, and can live with IPS glow, and poor contrast then go with IPS.

If you can afford a 144 or 120 Hz monitor, then TN is an option too. That's the only reason to ever consider one.

If you're going to play games and watch shows/movies, then VA is what you want.

If you gotta view it from extreme angles for whatever reason, and can live with IPS glow, and poor contrast then go with IPS.

If you can afford a 144 or 120 Hz monitor, then TN is an option too. That's the only reason to ever consider one.

Solution