Graphics card fan spins up but no display

MochaPrime

Reputable
Jun 18, 2016
Hello, I recently upgraded my computer, when I turn it on with the graphics card it shows no display, the fans on the card also spin for 1 second and then it stops but starts to spin again afterwards but they look to be very weak. A display shows whenever I connect it to my internal gpu, even when the external one is connected to the pci-e slot I'm able to get a display off the internal gpu with an hdmi and dvi cable, I checked BIOS and it said that there was nothing inserted into my first pci-e slot even though my graphics card was in there and the fans were running. I'm really stumped at what to do right now, i've searched alot of threads regarding this problem and they weren't able to fix my problem. :C

specs:
CPU: i7-6700k
Motherboard: Asus Z-170A
PSU: Enermax Pro 82+ 525W
GPU: XFX DD Radeon R9 380 4GB

If you made sure the cars is seated properly and all power is attached, remove the card, do a BIOS update if there is one available, try again. Your power supply may not be able to run the card, test the card in another system with a good power supply, or try your system with a different power supply.

MochaPrime

Reputable
Jun 18, 2016

Darn, tried that, got a 750W PSU but still no luck.

Then it may be the card or the motherboard PCIe slot. Possibly RAM or CPU but that is less likely as the issue. You have all power cables needed going to the video card right?

MochaPrime

Reputable
Jun 18, 2016

Yeah, I have all the cables and tried an old GTS 250 and that worked. So, it's most likely the card. :(