Screen color Tearing Distortion

jakob111

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
Hello people, first i want to thank you if you take a look at my problem, even if you cannot help :)

The monitor is a Asus vg248qe

Ok, so here is a video i uploaded so its more easy for you to see what my problem is:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHMYACqc4Bk

Notice how the colors are tearing they leave like a trace behind when moving.

it gets worse if i set the screen to 60hz, on 144hz it looks the best the lower i set the hz the worse

it gets, but even on 144hz it looks terrible when watching a movie and gaming.

notice that this only happens when something is moving, when i pause the movie everything looks

normal but when i click play it looks like horse poop again, on my second monitor doe its all fine

so i know its not my GPU or drivers i think, if anyone knows anything let me know, thank you in

advance.

EDIT:In case it might help my GPU is a gtx970.

Go into NVidia control panel and, under 3d settings go to program settings and look for the specific programs where you experience teh problem(browser, movie player, etc.) and force enable Vsync.
I do not encourage you to do the same for games as that setting is best handled by in game options.

jakob111

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015

Did not fix it, its not like in an program or anywhere, even the mouse cursor has this issue, its hard to notice in the video but when you look at it live its really annoying, thank you for your answer appreciate it .

Jul 21, 2023
I might be late to the conversation, but I still hope that I could help others with same issue.

So basically I had the exact same problem for something around a year, which was real annoying, if not destructive to some inflicted games (soulsborne).
To fix it, don't seek software help, because it probably won't change anything. For me I just needed to open setings OF the monitor (the buttons on the monitor), had mz game open and tried changing different settings till success.

Wish you luck mates