Can anyone tell the difference between these displays?

bajkapeter

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Hello,

I've ordered a new Samsung 4K monitor (U28E590DS) for my gaming machine, but I'm a bit troubled now:
The site I've ordered from has pictures of a display that has the VESA mount holes on the back (which I may have to use later), but I've seen videos of U28E590D displays on the internet (LinusTechTips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5YXWqhL9ik), these models apparently don't have VESA holes in the back

But I've seen many websites (even Samsung's spec sheet) which claims that the U28E590D (non-S version) is wall-mountable

I know my question may not be that clear, but I'm pretty confused: Is the U28E590DS a newer model with FreeSync and VESA holes (which would be more suitable for me)?

TLDR: What's the difference between the Samsung U28E590D and U28E590DS models?

Thanks for your help,
Peter

bajkapeter

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Alrighty then, the monitor arrived here, and I've got a chance to ask the retailer on phone: Turns out, the original U28E590D was an older version, and the U28E590DS is the newer 2015 version with FreeSync and VESA mounting holes

If anyone else would look for the answer for this, I hope they find this article :D