First Time Gaming Computer Build - Review My Parts/Need Advice

rbailey1319

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
First time computer builder here. Please read though my post and leave any helpful advice for me, thanks!

Approximate Purchase Date: This week hopefully!

Budget Range: Under $1500 - $2,000 after rebates, but if it doesn't have to be that high then I'm ok where I'm currently at, but I do have room to go higher.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Photo Editing/Light Photoshop, basic web browsing/watching movies

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Need everything

Do you need to buy OS: Yes (Windows 10)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Parts Preferences: Intel Processor

Overclocking: Maybe, probably not though

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I've always wanted to build my own computer and make it primarily a powerhouse for gaming. I can go up in price from where my wish list is currently at below here. An example may be adding in a SSD and if that's something I really need/is recommended. I also want to make sure my build is something that will last and can be easily upgraded in the future as well and that all the parts fit well with one another. I'm starting from scratch as well so I needed EVERYTHING. Are there any parts I'm missing at this time.

Thanks a bunch!

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=26906371

CV_Taihou

Reputable
Dec 3, 2015
So there's a couple changes I've made to your rough parts list, tweaking some things for better performance and adding one or two things that you forgot. I also swapped out the case since that's a huge amount to spend on something like that. Here's the build I came up with. With peripherals (which is up to you what you want to order) it comes in near the top of the budget, but is already a much higher performing build thanks to the much better GPU (which should be releasing in a week or two if I remember right), the SSD (which should be included at pretty much any budget over 1k), and the missing CPU cooler (which is beefy enough to allow for a solid overclock)

i5-6600k Build

TRENDING THREADS