my local disk C is out of storage and if i try to download anything, it says "NOT ENOUGH STORAGE SPACE" please tell me.......

Mohammad_43

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
I can not not download anything however i had free some space from Local disk C.
I wanna download things but can not.
Please provide me a good solution.I will be thankful to you.

Regards
Mohammad Haider

Solution
you can buy a new drive, but if you buy, buy a SSD drive, not a regular one* and clone everything to that drive...
but what about viruses for example, you will clone them to the new drive too...
I am aware of a virus that canactually make your computer think the drive is full, when it is not. run several antivirus and check for it before you do it.

but what I really really recommend, is, well, a computer won't get that filled as you described. I mean, I suppose your drive is 250GB?? is it a regular one? nowadays you only see 250GB drives to sell, and even that is rare. you won't have 250GB with music, photos, or even games... or at least I would never do it. what I think is that you have your computer full of crap, like programs you...

FixxeS

Commendable
May 23, 2016
you can buy a new drive, but if you buy, buy a SSD drive, not a regular one* and clone everything to that drive...
but what about viruses for example, you will clone them to the new drive too...
I am aware of a virus that canactually make your computer think the drive is full, when it is not. run several antivirus and check for it before you do it.

but what I really really recommend, is, well, a computer won't get that filled as you described. I mean, I suppose your drive is 250GB?? is it a regular one? nowadays you only see 250GB drives to sell, and even that is rare. you won't have 250GB with music, photos, or even games... or at least I would never do it. what I think is that you have your computer full of crap, like programs you never installed, leftovers from previous program installs and uninstalls, etc. what I recommend you to do is to format your computer. you can do it at home! if you use windows 8/8.1 or 10, just head over options and select update and security. than, find "restore this PC" and choose "delete everything". make sure you backup your personal files first. this will erase EVERYTHING you have on the computer and the computer will become like when you bought it. just take care for one thing: installing and uninstalling programs, and now the OS can leave errors on the drive, and your drive than can loop on trying to start. if that happens you need to get an IT technician to clean all those errors. if now you don't want to do this, just deliver your computer to some IT technician and he will do it. personally when I get some sort of problem I just use the in-built option on windows 10 to reset my computer to when I unboxed it.

now, if you don't want neither to format neither to deliver it to the "pizza guy", try the in-built utility windows disk clean-up, just search clean-up and it should appear. start it and when the little bar finish's, click the option to run as ADMIN. the little bar will come again, when it disappears, check EVERY box and click ok or accept (I use windows in other language so I am saying this from memory). you can use Ccleaner, which I don't recommend, but it's your computer not mine :p but the best option is the format, gives less trouble, if you don't know how to do it deliver your computer to the IT technician, better spend 50 bucks than 150-200 on a new drive in case the format by yourself goes wrong. OR, just buy a 1TB or 2TB drive, install windows on it and copy the files you want from this drive to it, but don't clone it, cloning will clone EVERYTHING, even viruses and crap like PUA, etc.

if you have doubts, ask.

Solution

Mohammad_43

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

nightslashs

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
The reason that your computer is saying not enough space when you have space is on most modern operating systems we have what is called a page file and sometimes a swap file is on the drive. Due to this you need at least 10% of the drive available for it to function properly thus at less than 10% the drive will do what it can to stop you from loading more things.

Basically stated inorder for you to lead more stuff on the drive you either need to upgrade your HDD or you can download it onto a flash drive or external drive of somesort