Vesper’s Quiescent-Sensing MEMS Microphone Is Always-On With Almost Zero Power Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Once embedded in a voice-powered TV remote control or smart speaker, for example, VM1010 could allow the Government to listen to everything inside your house from across the room without having to ask for permission and without diminishing battery life,” said Matt Crowley, Vesper’s CEO

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007

He didn't say that, I see where you wanted to go with this but its not funny. Plus the government doesn't need a private company to develop a microphone like this that they probably already have.

CaptCalamity

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016

What are all the innovations of the government that weren't produced by private enterprise?

mavikt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
yeah... I can only think of the many ways this can be missused. I'd rather have them develop better energy storing (battery) technolgies instead. That would solve some other real problems too! Think, leveraging renewable energy vs "turn on your device from across the room". Since lithium-ion isn't really going anywhere fast, there seem to be hope for potassium-ion. Now that would be Nobel prize worthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.