PC won't boot, stuck at spining circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neelio

Reputable
Oct 2, 2015
Hi all! I have had this problem for a while now and first solved it by just hitting the reset button and eventualy my pc booted normal. But then he stopped booting at all, I got stuck at the windows booting screen. Again I was able to solve the issue by doing a clean install (wiped both the SSD AND HHD) of Windows 10.
Again I today istalled a third Harddisk, a Kingston SSD and you guess, STUCK AT WINDOWS SPINING CIRCLE.
I checked the BIOS for any boot priority issues, everything seems normal and the new SSD gets recognized.
I am getting a feeling that this might be a Hardware problem of either MoBo or CPU. Any other suggestions, I am getting really desprate right now!

Thank you for reading!

Best regards

Solution
what are specs of the PC?

Have you updated your bios at all?

So windows tries to load and just stops, it could be hardware devices not responding at boot and win 10 just waits forever for them to answer.
Take all hdd out except boot disc, remove all unnecessary USB devices and maybe even reduce ram down to one stick, see if it boots then.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

Have you updated your bios at all?

So windows tries to load and just stops, it could be hardware devices not responding at boot and win 10 just waits forever for them to answer.
Take all hdd out except boot disc, remove all unnecessary USB devices and maybe even reduce ram down to one stick, see if it boots then.

Solution

MattGinOK

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Had spinning circle many time is last 2 yr or so. I just contacted asus concerning the P9X79 Pro MB concerning this again. Went thru all the suggestions, again. no help. I decided to replace the cpu. It was a i7-4930k. Pricey to replace. Well I replaced the cpu. While In the process of doing this I noticed that the bottom of the cpu cooler (
Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 120mm CPU Cooling Fan) I was using looked to have some places that were bare and may have been contacting the surface of the cpu. Hmmmm. Well I replaced the cpu and all is working OK (so far, 2 days). I've shutdown and restarted several times. Don't really have an answer but u may try uninstalling the cpu cooler and reinstalling with new grease.

If using intel cpu try
cpu diagnostic tool
The purpose of the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is to verify the functionality of an Intel® microprocessor. The diagnostic checks for brand identification and verifies the processor operating frequency. It also tests specific processor features and performs a stress test on the processor.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005567.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS