29 inch monitor curved vs flat

The GROOT I am

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am soon gonna build my new rig, which is already ready but I have problems choosing the right monitor for me - 70% gaming, 30% productivity.

Here are the choices:

LG 29um68
LG 29uc88 - curved

I am sitting quite close so 29' is the sweet spot to me. I just wanna know if the curve is worth 100 dollars as I do not plan on updating my monitor for the next at least 5 years.

I will run single rx 480 so anything higher than 2560x1080 is a no no for me.

Thanks!

Solution
You might want to try a curved monitor (or TV display) before buying if you can find one being displayed working,.. it doesn't have to be the same make and model, only the size and curve.. but sitting up close to the screen would make the curved option the better chioice.

Just imagine reading a newspaper up close, do you extend it or do you fold it slightly?.. get the idea? the same principle applies.
You might want to try a curved monitor (or TV display) before buying if you can find one being displayed working,.. it doesn't have to be the same make and model, only the size and curve.. but sitting up close to the screen would make the curved option the better chioice.

Just imagine reading a newspaper up close, do you extend it or do you fold it slightly?.. get the idea? the same principle applies.

Solution

The GROOT I am

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016

Yeah guess I am gonna visit a store somewhere in Prague. Hopefully gonna find the exact model somewhere as it looks like the LG monitors got just a slight curve and the price difference is 30%! That just feels too much. Especially for 29' but yeah I heard curve makes it a bit more immersive and better to see the corners of the screen.