Computer has screen tearing and boot loops after installing drivers(Nvidia)

Ryuji2

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
I tried asking about this a little while back but the error's still persisting. The card in particular that I am talking about is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJ9BJ8G/

What's happening is that after we install drivers of basically any kind to it (tried 361.43, 362.00, 355.82, 368.51 among others), after restarting, once it gets to the start screen where you'd type in your password to get to the desktop, the screen would have a tear, go to a white screen, then black, then just reboot and repeat until you either shut it down or boot in safe mode.

The version is Windows 7 64 bit SP1. The thing is, it was working fine up until yesterday when it decided to just...not work after playing World of Warcraft for a little bit, and Smite. We also uninstalled and used DDU to remove any other drivers while in safe mode. When we'd reboot, it'd mess up.

I don't know what else to do besides just either fiddle with the card in the case to make sure it's seated properly(99% sure it is) or just RMA it for a different one.

Ryuji2

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
Update: Found out that the sagging the graphics card did was causing the issue of the screen tearing and the computer crashing. The card is out of the computer and it's working just fine so I'm 99% sure it's a graphics card issue. Gonna RMA it for a new one and see if that fixes it.

UPDATE: It was the graphics card. New one works just fine, no sagging.