Windows 10 keeps asking for login user/password

juannfox

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Guys,
I find it really amusing when my Windows 10 asks for a login user/password. I have an SSD disk and I want a fast boot, but this really spoils it, plus I really don't need a password to my desktop computer.
I have already turned off the login options as I read on another threads/sites, running "netplwiz" and then from settings. Images following:
3bkjWC9.png

(i.imgur.com/3bkjWC9.png)
4i4Zy3V.png

(http://imgur.com/4i4Zy3V.png)
Even after this, I keep having to login when I turn my pc on; I do not ever use sleep/hibernation mode.
I'm out of clues. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Solution
you could set up an offline account and set netplwiz to auto log it in. It may not fix it, its just worth a try.

I know you shouldn't have to but strange things happening with user accounts recently.

It takes 30 seconds to get access to all your files again, just copy paste your current user folders onto the new one. Might help to make it an admin too as otherwise you soon get sick of entering your current admin password to let it use your old folders (I made a new user two weeks ago, I am speaking from experience)

I get this feeling you can't make it admin without a password, it would be a security problem. Reason your current user has a password is its linked to your Microsoft account and you need a password to log on to online...

Colif

Win 11 Master
you could set up an offline account and set netplwiz to auto log it in. It may not fix it, its just worth a try.

I know you shouldn't have to but strange things happening with user accounts recently.

It takes 30 seconds to get access to all your files again, just copy paste your current user folders onto the new one. Might help to make it an admin too as otherwise you soon get sick of entering your current admin password to let it use your old folders (I made a new user two weeks ago, I am speaking from experience)

I get this feeling you can't make it admin without a password, it would be a security problem. Reason your current user has a password is its linked to your Microsoft account and you need a password to log on to online services tied to the account, like potentially a Office 365 subscription. Its for your security more than anything.

I had auto logon set up and it did the opposite to me, it was showing a blue screen telling me how great PIN's are and then logging me into a temporary account with no access to anything. I had to turn auto logon off to get to my user. I have't bothered since as with it asking for a password, I haven't had the problem again.

Solution

juannfox

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally solved by creating an offline log in user from settings/accounts/your email and accounts clicking the linked phrase "Sing in with a local user instead". Don't forget to untick the login password request from run/netplwiz though, or it will continue to do so, only with local account credentials. Hope this helps others too!
Thanks Colif for the help!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlaineB

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2014
Does selecting "Sign in with an off-line account instead" alter anything else? Or do all settings that you selected for your PC remain unchanged?

I started off with an off-line account but then somehow linked it with my Microsoft account. I wouldn't mind un-linking them but I have made so many changes to settings throughout Windows that I would prefer to just leave it as-is if selecting "Sign in with an off-line account instead" will change things up just like adding a new user account does.