Need help with this unordinary blue screen. Please Help!

Intellex

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
So! I was playing a game in my PC, when it suddenly froze, and then it blacked screened. I pressed and hold my power button, and then turned it on again. I was greeted with a Diagnosing your PC message. After that, system restore couldn't fix my PC. But! When I clicked adv. Options, go to win 10, it restarts, and then startups. But then! A blue screen appears, but the text can't be read ( It's like melting sideways, but the text is still moving ) Any fixes without needing to reset? Or reset is the only option?

Solution
update drivers, most bsod caused by old drivers. visit motherboard makers web site and see if anything new you don't have for your board. Same applies for any USB devices you have and Graphics card.

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another pc, download this and make a Windows 10 Install USB or DVD: Win 10 media creation tool

If nothing else, its a boot disc. There are other ways to get to advanced start up but this is the easiest on your hardware

Change bios boot order so USB or DVD are first, HDD is second
boot from installer, on the second screen - after language choices - select repair this PC, not install
Select Troubleshoot
Select advanced
Select start up repair - this will scan pc and maybe fix start up - will ask for logon details

another thing that might help is Safe mode
Use installer again, select repair PC again
Select troubleshoot/advanced/Start up options
Choose one of the 3 safe mode choices
PC should start in safe mode. Now often this is all that is needed but you could look in device manager and see if everything looks okay

If neither those work, you may need a reset.
Before you do, either move hdd into another pc and copy everything you want to save off it or try: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/
you can get to reset via the installer again, seleect repair this pc, and on first level of choices should be reset. Otherwise its hiding in troubleshoot or advanced

If your current install is an upgrade, you might consider doing a fresh install instead as they seem more stable. Here is how to do that: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Intellex

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

Thanks! I'll try to use the first 2 methods. But, if I can actually get in safe mode, what do I do in there, or simply, how do I fix the BSOD from safe mode?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Well, if you can get in it proves the problem is a driver issue which is generally the main reason for Blue screens. Checking device manager will tell you if all the devices are still working properly according to windows.

Take a photo of the blue screen, I assume it doesn't look like

BSOD_Windows_8.png

Intellex

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
I already fixed the problem, but it was bloody.
I fixed the pc by resetting it, a windows 10 option.
Before I fixed it, the blue screen said CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.
I don't know what it means, and why it did that.