Trouble reinstalling windows

Unluckyy

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Hello,

I recently decided to format my PC and install a 64-bit version of Win 10. Thing is, I can't, because no matter what I do, I keep getting the message:

A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.

I've tried everything, from changing to IDE, enabling Legacy, installing chipset drivers, oobe/Msoobe etc. The problem occurs no matter what version of Windows I try to install, from 7 to 10. And I even put the HD in another PC as a secondary, formated, and tried with another PC to no avail, which makes me conclude the problem is with the HD. Can anyone help me out?

Obs.: Even after formatting, the BOOT(X:/) partition is still there, and Cmd prompt opens as X:/>Sources. Maybe erasing the X:/ partition may help, but I've got no ideia as to how I do it.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Solved it, and I did a couple of things, so I don't know which one of them solved the issue;

-Used a diferente USB, like Colif said.
-Formatted the HDD at another PC, but without the quick format box clicked, then ran diskmgmt.msc and deleted the volume of the HDD. It was already empty, so take care because after doing so the HDD becomes unreadable by the active PC.

And that was it. Really hope it wans't the USB and I'm just that stupid.

Good luck!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you use same USB drive for all the attempts? the error can be just saying the USB is bad, It might be that windows 10 doesn't have the driver for the USB device

What make/model Hard drive is it? run http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html on the hdd, need to put hdd in other PC to do it.

If you could get past that message the very next screen of installer is where you delete all your partitions anyway so deleting X isn't necessary

Unluckyy

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Solved it, and I did a couple of things, so I don't know which one of them solved the issue;

-Used a diferente USB, like Colif said.
-Formatted the HDD at another PC, but without the quick format box clicked, then ran diskmgmt.msc and deleted the volume of the HDD. It was already empty, so take care because after doing so the HDD becomes unreadable by the active PC.

And that was it. Really hope it wans't the USB and I'm just that stupid.

Good luck!

Solution