Asus Knowingly Destroying Customer Property During RMA

skillz1333_st

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Hello Toms hardware community I was hoping that you could help me in getting this out there more, or provide some advice on the best way to achieve that goal. I have provided below the original post which was quickly rising to the top on Reddit. That is until my post was suspended and I was told the mods needed proof of what I claimed. I Provided that proof and was told my post was reinstated but my post has somehow went silent as well as been pushed back in the results. I cannot let it be hidden away from everyone now. Thank you for your time and help. here is the post :

Greetings all , Holy PC could I really use your help getting this out there Reddit. Asus is trying to rip me off and have destroyed my X99 Sabertooth TUF motherboard during an RMA. What's worse is that they are the ones who told me, both through email and verbally(recorded it !). They told me that they would replace it with a new one for all of the frustration and problems that they had caused. They even told me that they would send me the best model x99 motherboard as an upgrade.

Even with them knowing all that they instead shipped me a $400.00 burned out x99 Sabertooth motherboard. It gets even crazier because I recorded the calls (they said I could !) and they told me they knew all of this was true but did not care because they did not mean for it to be in the U.S facility in the first place so they are not replacing it.

They said my board is not zoned to the U.S, and that they have never and never will replace a board like that under no circumstances ever ! no matter what they said or did. It has been 1 Month and 7 days since this all started and I just got this total loss smelling like burnt back in the mail today. I have made 34 calls since last month that were all just about awful and have only received 2 calls back. All of that only to end in them telling me that they know it is not right , and that they should do what they said but that they will not .

They said the only way they could do what they said they would do is If I (Hopefully we) went over their heads,,,,, and I cannot think of a better way to go over their heads than with the power of you all ! Please help me out. I have all the documents, photos and recorded calls to prove all of this. They told me it was destroyed, a total loss, un-repairable and how sorry they were, But just straight out said they will not replace it as agreed. What can I/Hopefully we do about this ?

I have read about some others this may have happened to and it really sucks to see. Asus needs to be exposed and I believe I have the proof. Too often do companies bully and put us in this position to rip off the very customer who supports their business. My nightmare Asus experience has been a long one and I will be posting the full story in text and or as a YouTube video. I have tried my best to keep this a short read so I had to leave some detail out , but this has been the just of it. I am willing to post my proof for all to see here if it would help at all. I will be updating this post as things hopefully move forward.
Thank ALL OF YOU REDDIT and my apologies for the wall of text

6/21/2016 Update: Well firstly I want to thank everyone of you who read this and understood the situation. As you know my computer is destroyed so I could not get back to one to use for this until now. I got on to see this and could not have possibly been more grateful. I have no idea how I can thank you all for such amazing support. I have read every single one of your messages and I will be replying to some of you shortly. I am going to upload some of my proof as well so the mods know I am not making this up and can un-suspend the post. Thank you all again.

Update: I have posted some of my proof on Imgur , here is a link http://imgur.com/gallery/xjjL3 . The mother board was Originally sent in for the pcie 1 giving out but the rest of the bored worked fine. Photo 1 is before it was sent out to them for the first time( I had to pay for shipping but was told I was under warranty and should ship it in to be repaired or replaced when I first provided my serial number). The original bill was for $280.00 total, 150.00 for international shipping , 10.00 fedex ground and 120.00 for the pcie shown in Photo 2.

Photo 3 is the email they sent the day they were going to send it back after I said I would rather ship it to the Netherlands facility as they instructed it would then be covered by the warranty there free. Then upon checking that email I saw the motherboard not powering on comment from the technicians notes. I immediately called in and had it confirmed with a manager. I was instructed to ship the bored back when I got it so that they could investigate what happened(I was provided a shipping label for this and shipped it back a second time).

Eventually I get to speak to the Asus manager who had been investigating the case. He is the one who told me everything that happened and how they would replace it. The 4th picture is an email from them returning it as of the other day ,, Now the Power problem they admitted to , no longer exist ? ( I asked that and she told me that she couldn't say that because it was in the techs notes) After all that they just told me what I posted earlier above and returned the board again. The plastic Pcie slot pin cover was also on when it was sent to them and removed and not returned when they sent it back as shown in Photo 5-(returned 6/20/2016).

I also have another email I would like to post but am unsure if it can be posted as of yet, will update as soon as I know. I have not posted all of my evidence due to not knowing where this will go before it gets resolved, and I need to be prepared . Will be updating all of you Again soon. Thank you

<removed external hyperlink>

Thank you

Solution
toms is not going to help fight your case for you. the community here may offer advice or sympathy but dont expect them to go out of their way to fight for your case.

if you feel that you have been wronged, you can of course seek out your own legal council if you feel it necessary.

given the cost of shipping international to asus, it likely would have been cheaper to just buy a new board from a local shop.

some things in your story do not make sense. mainly how its listed as rma but you paid for repairs. it sounds like a case of not in warranty repair work to me not the rma replacement center. if the item is not under warranty or if the warranty is void due to your abuse of the board they do not have to offer a new board and can ship...
I guess one way to cover there butts on the junk they push ''end user abuse'' lol.... though I see stories on that from all the brands here and there

just the way it is anymore -- they got your money and you got hosed . luck of the draw

toms is not going to help fight your case for you. the community here may offer advice or sympathy but dont expect them to go out of their way to fight for your case.

if you feel that you have been wronged, you can of course seek out your own legal council if you feel it necessary.

given the cost of shipping international to asus, it likely would have been cheaper to just buy a new board from a local shop.

some things in your story do not make sense. mainly how its listed as rma but you paid for repairs. it sounds like a case of not in warranty repair work to me not the rma replacement center. if the item is not under warranty or if the warranty is void due to your abuse of the board they do not have to offer a new board and can ship it back as is if you tried to replace it. if you wanted it repaired and they charged you for that then they should have repaired it.

unless the item was under warranty they would not tell you it would be replaced free. even if they told you that if they discovered user damage that statement would be void. i'm not saying that this was the case, just a possibility.

which is it? under warranty (if so why did you pay?) or not under warranty (wondering why they did not fix it?)

if you knew it was not under warranty, was it not better to buy a new board instead of paying $280 for one that is repaired ?

if you are europe, why did you ship internationally to asus in usa ? (i'm not aware of their warranty process or claims centers as i'm us based)

---

i'll allow this thread for now and monitor it as long as it doesnt get out of hand.

Solution
well that's a point on why it went to the U.S ? I thought most all E.U countries has far better consumer /lemon laws unlike how it seems in the U.S the companies have better protection form the end users [lol] maybe that the plan to avoid warrantee overhead cost ship it out to the U.S and avoid your warrantee / rma laws and rights ??

not to say it allways thay way but my ''last'' 3 asus experiences were just dismal all around high on hype /low on quality and service/support just not the same good old asus of past [opinion]

''if you knew it was not under warranty, was it not better to buy a new board instead of paying $280 for one that is repaired ''

90% of the time that's the best way weather in warrantee or not less crap involved just throw the junk in the trash go to newegg- add to cart and be done with it

look on line at all the service horror stories from all the vendors msi -asus - asrock - giga who ever then look at all the ones that were well satisfied ???

like I said luck of the draw all around

I had a vid card that the fan went bad it was just out of warrantee like a month so I contacted the service to see about them sending me a direct replacement fan - mind you did not ask for free gladly would of paid for the fan and shipping but they acted like it was a big deal and end of the world and by no means would work it out even if it meant no cost to them ..

dude that's just how it is these days - they got your money you got there junk , if it works great if not oh well better luck next time

anyway sorry for your loss but easy to see your not the only one dealt that hand and plenty of reports as you stated from others

far too often in these type of posts we dont get the whole story but instead just the portions which make it seem like they are getting the shaft completely and which make the company in question look like the complete bad guy. i'm curious to know what exactly happened and what the whole story is.

of course there are times where a company just tries to deny rma - often due to poor management or workers who dont care and certainly some cases where workers or management just do a shoddy job but something here is quite fishy.

if i was shafted the first thing i would do is go corporate which would have escalated things greatly. since that method was not taken i can only assume theres a reason why and that the anger here is just an outlet.

sorry to be a pessimist and i'm not defending asus here but you can hardly excuse the train of thought as that is quite commonly the case.

frapport

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
More details would be appreciated as to how it went to the U.S. instead of back up the supply chain in Europe.
The how's and what's of the board's deterioration and its effects that started what sounds like a fiasco that is
somehow replete with taped calls that seem preternaturally wise.

On the other hand I had two higher end boards and both ended up with what my techie called concrete drops.

No reasonable person would have proceeded after opening a package this terminal or upon initial examination
of the board reply that a socket needs replacement.

The corner on each, different corners, were bent and layers exposed.

I can see one screwup, I don't see how I packed it wrong, but the second one I documented all the way through.
Communication simply ceased at that point.

Funny thing, separate addresses and names for the repairs. One was within warranty for repairs and one was
a straight replace the sockets @$50 per.

There is no happy ending for me because life intervened and I am no longer the person I was.