Best 24" 1ms monitor for less than $200

dudeawsomeness1

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2015
I'm looking for a monitor that's about 24" and has a 1ms response time for less than $200.

right now I'm looking at these three:
BenQ RL2455HM
Atron Vision AVF240
Acer GN246HL

My friend bought the BenQ one and it looks pretty good but it was made for consoles and I don't know if that would have less quality.
The Atron one seems to be better but the plug-ins are weird, I don't get why the power plug is so tiny when every other monitor I've seen has big ones like power supplies do. And I don't know anything about the display port things (VGA, DVI-I, HDMI, etc.).
The Acer has everything but it's like some weird 3D monitor that nobody really likes. And it's got 3D features in stead of Gsync and gaming stuff.

They all seem pretty good, but I want some advice from someone who knows about this stuff.

Solution
The BenQ monitor is only 60Hz, which is why it's good for consoles because they can't exceed that anyway. The other two monitors are 144Hz, which I can tell you is AWESOME (I have a GN246HL). The only problems with that monitor are a) no DisplayPort, which isn't a problem for me, b) you can only reach 1280x1024@75Hz or 1920x1080@60Hz if you use VGA or single-link DVI; you absolutely need to use dual-link DVI with this monitor, and c) ghosting. When things are moving fast there's very noticeable blue-gray trails following objects, and it's quite distracting. For all of these reasons and the fact that the Atron monitor will let you go to 185Hz via overclocking, I recommend the Atron over the Acer.

And yeah, that 3D stuff is dumb IMO...

voltoid27

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
The BenQ monitor is only 60Hz, which is why it's good for consoles because they can't exceed that anyway. The other two monitors are 144Hz, which I can tell you is AWESOME (I have a GN246HL). The only problems with that monitor are a) no DisplayPort, which isn't a problem for me, b) you can only reach 1280x1024@75Hz or 1920x1080@60Hz if you use VGA or single-link DVI; you absolutely need to use dual-link DVI with this monitor, and c) ghosting. When things are moving fast there's very noticeable blue-gray trails following objects, and it's quite distracting. For all of these reasons and the fact that the Atron monitor will let you go to 185Hz via overclocking, I recommend the Atron over the Acer.

And yeah, that 3D stuff is dumb IMO. Never used it once.

Solution