Air traveling with desktop PC

arie25

Distinguished
May 17, 2008
Hello, hope I'm posting in the right place.

I know this discussion has gone couple times, but each situation (system) might be a bit difference.

I need advise and tips, I need to take a 11 hour flight because Im moving, needless to say I am bringing the computer with me and I am not planning to check in baggage it.
It is a corsair carbide 240, inside, a 980ti and cooler is H80i. I specifically bought a north face bag, good and resistance, enough space to place it inside by itself as a carry-on and the monitor is 24' which I will bring as "personal item". Tried already and fits perfect.
TSA says its ok to bring desktop as carry on, probably will take some time through TSA check and even open it I guess.

My need for advise is in regards:
H80i has liquid inside, doubt is more than the acceptable, do you guys think it might be a problem?
H80i also as some of you might know, inside a carbide, might be a bit tight, should I unloaded from the CPU or even take it out the case in case a tube gets disconnected or waters burst out?
Should I take it all apart?

Any advise/opinion would be great.

Thanks

Thanks.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The water cooler should be fine that's why the PC sellers online ship them with water coolers instead of heavy air coolers. Sine it's going to be a carry on I would just bag it and go. If it was going to be a check in I would get a box and line it with foam to fit snug and remove the video card.