Task Scheduler Problem

PC tec

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
When I try to change settings to optimize by moving files to beginning of disk in Auslogics Disk Defrag Free I get an error that says "The task scheduler service is not running". The error number is 0x80041315. I have attempted a PC restore and ran SFC and it did not help. Earlier I uninstalled Auslogics disk defrag Pro due to not liking it. I am running Windows 10 Home. I have a backup (Right after I noticed the problem). I can refresh my system, but I have over 100GB of programs and Data (If something happens). Any help will be welcome.

Colif

Win 11 Master
A fix from the future: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-msedge/error-code-0x80041315-on-windows-10-ver-14316/81a3bd11-26b5-4a6a-a17b-1d7e6cb8902b

its for version 14316 which isn't even live yet.,. the solution should still work. The only other one I have found is a fresh install and you want to avoid that.

You should get a 250gb ssd and avoid defrag problems entirely. SSD doesn't use defrag, they have their own program that only runs when it has to. Use the hdd as storage instead. Put all your library folders on HDD and then installing win 10 again just wipes the OS, not everything else. Backups are smaller too.

PC tec

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

I have tried everything, but the clean boot. There should be no compatibility problems. Plus I'm planning on getting an SSD, but I don't have any money due to college.